Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site snapshot import - Orders

Hi,

We have been running catalog v6 since November 2003 and have decided to upgrade to v7 and have bought the upgrade. Being very cautious I decided to install catalog v6 on our second pc and imported the site using site snapshot import and was going to do the upgrade in test mode on this second pc just to see if anything weird happens.
    I saved the site on the original pc using site snapshot export. Imported this file onto the second pc using site snapshot import.
    The actual website side of things is 100% but there are none of the customer orders showing. This is not neccessarily a concern for performing the upgeade test BUT it is a real concern that if our main pc went down and we had to reinstall on a new pc that we would lose all our customer order details.
    Can anyone give any information ragarding restoring customer order information? is it a bug of v6 or is this information stores elsewhere that can be retrieved in an emergency situation?
    Thanks

Not a v6 user so it may be different, but in v7 when you import a snapshot there is a tickbox where you can choose to overwrite existing orders - even though you have no existing orders, you would tick this box to bring in the order data.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

thanks that was exactly what i had missed.
      All sorted now

Comment

Working...
      X