Actinic misbehaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic misbehaving

I am having problems with Actinic and need help.

1. For some time now Actinic sometimes stops responding when I copy and paste a product. I have to "end program" to get out of it.

2. Same freeze at times when I go from "Pending" to "Completed" orders.

3. More seriously I now cannot create a snapshot when closing Actinic. The program freezes halfway through and I get a Windows dialogue box saying that there's a problem and the program needs to close. It does not give any explanation as to why there's a problem. I have not been able to create a snapshot for a few weeks now and major changes occur to the shop on a daily basis - new stock etc - so please don't ask me to reinstall and import an earlier snapshot!

We have about 8000 products with many duplicated in other section.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks.

Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Forgot to mention that I am running V 7.03 - I have purged and compacted, changed file name etc, plus I ensure a fragment isn't highlighted as per other posts. The freeze happens mere seconds into the snapshot.

Thanks for any help you can give me, I would hate to loose months of very hard work!

Kind Regards
    Karen
    Kind Regards
    Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen

Where are you sending the snapshot to?

I am unable to save to a networked, or usb pen drive directly as it always freezes exactly the same. Also on 7.03.

Might be worth trying a different directory

Good luck

Mick

Comment

This post addressed similar problems a couple of weeks ago - no indication if it was resolved though http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=16389
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi,

Mick I am saving to my local HD and the default location. I then usually move it to an external drive.

I did see that thread Bill and indeed replied to it a while ago when my problems did not extend to the snapshot crashes. I wonder if the new problem is related to the other problems? It seems to be a slow progression with things gradually getting worse.

Obviously this is an important issue and I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Many thanks.

Kind Regards
          Karen
          Kind Regards
          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KarenBM
            Thanks for any help you can give me, I would hate to loose months of very hard work!
            Whilst not a direct solution it may be worth taking a complete copy of the Site1 folder to the external drive just in case.

May be worth getting in touch with Actinic support as it sounds quite poorly

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont,

Yes I did move a copy of the site 1 folder to an external drive, but as you say that's not a solution.

Guess I shall have no option but to contact the support team.

Kind Regards
              Karen
              Kind Regards
              Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Have you compacted your database? If not do so (from the housekeeping menu) and then I would be quite interested to know what size you database is (but only after compacting it).

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X