When To Choose Postage Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When To Choose Postage Rate

Setting up first shop and going reasonably well with help from this forum. Sales will be to UK only so shipping is simply set by 'class'. However, Actinic is applying a default shipping charge to orders before the customer has chosen the class. This shows in 'View Cart' and on entering checkout. Is there a way of making customers choose a shipping class as the first step in making a purchase or as first thing on checkout? Many thanks.
    www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Hi,

To prevent the default charge from appearing go to Business Settings | Shipping & Handling and select under "If Shipping Band not Defined" 'Do not allow Shipping', this will make the default charge disappear, else you can reduce that to 0.00. You will not be able to get the shipping band choice on teh first page of the checkout as Shipping will only be calculated dependent on the Invoice address and the delivery address and hence needs this information to be able to process a charge.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

I have the same problem but unfortunately your suggestions don't seem to work for me. I tried "If Shipping Band not Defined" 'Do not allow Shipping' and also "Use Default Charge" but the shipping charge still appears on the first checkout page. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

If you use 'Default Charge' then you will have a value appearing, did you try my suggestion and then delete temporary internet files and cookies, do an update of the site and then Open the site to see if it still happens.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
        X