Uploading issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading issue

I have just made a small change by adding a new product but when I try to upload it seems to be uploading the whole site again. After about 3-4 mins Actinic will lock up and I will have to close through task manager.

I am constantly updating the site but this is the first time I have encountered this problem??

Hello,

Yes I have a similar problem where a spelling error is correct or very minor adjustments to text and the site will load completely ending in a failed merge message. I then have to upload the whole siate again and it clears the problem.

I also have had this happen when moving snapshots around. I've asked the tech support I have and they can't answer or repat the problem.

Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

What version of v5 are you using. Versions prior to 5.1.6 have a problem uploading every file after there has been a clock change for daylight-savings time.

Comment

It is version 5.1.6 and the problem occured prior to daylight saving

Comment

My erros happen in v7.0.5 developer!

Comment

Whilst I am reluctant to do a full upload because it is time consuming is it likely this wil cure the problem as Duncan suggests. Also if I take a snapshot and load to another PC and upload from there will the same problem definitley occur or could this cure the problem??

Thanks

Kevin

Comment

From my experience Kevin swapping snapshots around increases the problem rather than diminishing them.

Regards Duncan

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Doing a complete refresh once in a while is a good thing actually. It is time consuming, yes, but it will fix the merge request error or the hanging. Once the refresh is done you will find that further updates happen a lot quicker. The reason for updates taking time is due to the fact that Actinic needs to check what changes have been made and then update, this process takes time as it does not know instantly exactly what change has been made.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

I gathered that was the case Bruce and that the accumulation becomes cumbersome over time.
                  My reasons for uploading often is for spelling errors so as a suggestion a spell checker or better still the abaility to use an external editor that can do the job.

But with this issue of errors why does each machine refresh the site when I import a snapshot from the other no matter which way around?

TIA Duncan

Comment

Hi Duncan,

That is because of the encryption keys. Each install of Actinic creates a unique encryption key, username and password and hence requires a complete refresh of the site to enable you to be able to download and process orders, else you will not be able to download orders created before the update.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Even when I tried a full refresh the system would hang. I appear to have cured it by taking a snapshot and loading it on to our office machine which enabled me to upload with no problems.

I have now transfered it back to the original machine but as yet haven't needed to upload any changes so will have to wait and see what happens.

Incidently the thing I still don't understand is why originally it was trying to upload all my images etc when I had only made 1 change to an item drop down box??

Comment

Working...
                      X