V7 Customer accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V7 Customer accounts

I use the Contact variable to setup an account page. Works well, lots of people asking for accounts etc.

http://www.tiggypig.com/cgibin/mf000...CTION=SHOWFORM

Just that I have to manually transfer every one of them to Actinic Itself to setup a customer account individually.

Is there an easier way, apart from creating an account from an existing order, to get people to sign up and have the details already to import into ACTINIC?

Mark,

I have been looking at your site this evening and have found a problem.

All the links on the left work fine until you get to your account application form listed above. When I click on any of the links I now get a 404 Error listed at the bottom.

Regards

Jason
    www.qualitysilver.co.uk

Object not found!
    The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 404
    community.actinic.com
    Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat)
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Zirconium Rings
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Hi Jason,

i've tried them all from this page and they all seem ok.

Comment

Mark,

I have just had another look and it is failing with Internet Explorer but working with Firefox.

If it is working for you then it may be my browser, I will investigate.

Regards

Jason
        Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
        Zirconium Rings
        Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I get the same behaviour as Jason

I use Firefox, having first visited the site from the link in the thread I got the same 404.

But after clearing cache/cookies etc and going straight to the site register button and then tested the left hand nav its all ok.

I'm not sure where this problem is generated as I have noticed some odd things with the Cross Sell Scripts in FF to.

Comment

I just looked at how the links are formed when you follow the link from the forum post.

http://community.actinic.com/acatalo...ENCE_DAYS.html

that's the problem.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

It might be worth looking at the account import format - you could probably write a little program or make an excel sheet to generate a hierarchical import file for customers from the information you are collecting - althought if you do that, you would find it much easier if you separated the address lines out, and maybe collected a username and password (although you could always use email address and postcode for these).

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Im having the same problems as Tiggypig

Hi
                I stopped creating new accounts in July.... would only do one if someone asked for it... (had a good few).

We get loads of orders everyday and approx 40-50% are repeat business - far too much time is taken up creating new accounts...

There must be someone who has a good workaround to the customer account problems???? Would it be possible to have a standalone database online somewhere that could interact with actinic somehow??? Im sure there are plenty who would pay good money for a decent solution?? us for one!!

I don't want to move away from Actinic - but everyday i feel we are outgrowing its capabilities..... fast.

thanks,
                gb

Comment

Sorted - amazin what u learn if u read the advanced user guide innit... ( blush )

Comment

Originally posted by TiggyPig
                    Sorted - amazin what u learn if u read the advanced user guide innit... ( blush )
                    What did you do then Mark?

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Allowing Customers to Register for Accounts Online

Actinic Business/Developer only

Although it is not possible for a customer to create a customer account whilst browsing online, it is possible for storeowners to include a product that simulates the registration process. To do this, you will need to do the following:
                      Create a new product somewhere in your store (top level is normally a good idea) called 'Register for an account' (or something similar).

1) Within the full description, enter text similar to the following:
                      Click the button below to register for an account with us.
                      On the next screen, click !!<<b>Checkout now</b>>!! and then supply us with your invoice and delivery details in the pages that follow.
                      !!<<b>Please Note:</b>>!! We will be in contact you via email when your account is ready.

2) Within the 'Button' field in the 'Prompts' tab enter "Register Now"

3) You need not fill in any other fields. You must be especially sure that you do not enter a price.

Now, when people order this 'product' online, you can turn their invoice and delivery details into a customer account by clicking the 'Create Customer Account' button within the 'Contact' tab of the order.

Comment

Oh, ok, that is more or less what we do already, shame, I was hoping for a miracle :-)

Regards,

Comment

Do think that having a dummy product for account-signup makes any difference??? Personally i dont like it - feel it makes things feel.....erm not as professional?? (cant think of proper words..... maybe - feels, just not right)

I tend to find that people would just place an order anyway. The main problem i have is a ton of customers in Sage who i would love to create accounts for - just dont have the time!!! Anyone know a decent method?

garryb

Comment

Garryb,

I guess the simplest approach would be to make an export of customer accounts from Actinic, File | Export | and select only 'Customer Accounts', this will create a hierarchical file to which you can append the information you have in Sage and then reimport it back into Actinic. Since you already have customer accounts you will be able to add in the additional information based on the existing format very easily.

To get an idea of the structure you can take a look at the SampleCustomerImportFile.txt file that you will see in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7 \Sites\Site1\Common on your system.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                            X