Products with various options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Products with various options

Is it worth while for me in the long run to make my products with size choices individual products themselves. I've seen a few threads that have got me thinking of the benifits. Its just case of whether the amount of work involved will make it worth it. For now I have a product with lots of size choices. Maybe changing this to have hidden products, for individual sizes, then setting it up that way is the way to go?

If you have no alternate method of stock maintenance, it is definitely the way to go. Depending on your supplier's lead time, you can set the warn number high enough to take delivery of a replenishment order before you start to run short, and save the embarassment of explaining to a customer - sorry, we are all out of black this month...
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Another big advantage would be if you are using a Froogle feed. More individual products = more chance of being found on Froogle, especially if you can target your keywords in the title/description.

Comment

I am not sure that this would help the froogle feed because if you use permutations and hidden products to represent your items froogle will still only list one of them.

To gain benefit in marketing feeds like froogle you would have to have an individual product for each option - which to be honest, you can do quite nicely, if you get the design right. (I am pretty sure that this is what Ruralweb thought you were going to do actually).

They have been getting fussy about duplicates just lately as well - rejecting established feeds because they have the same product in several sections (this is in their terms but I hadn't heard of it being policed until recently).

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X