Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personalisation

Hi There,

There are many, many threads regarding this issue but most only served to confuse rather than enlighten.

Customers can either buy blank gift cards or they would enter a message to personalise the card. I am aware of the "other into" approach but from my understanding no monetary value can be attached to this. The client wishes to charge £1.00 for this optional extra.

I can understand the notion of having the personalisation as an actual product which is then "upsold" or a link hard-coded at the checkout when the card product is brought but in terms of order processing, if the customer brough several cards and messages, how could the messages be married up with the cards if they are just extra products.

The problem lies in the fact that this cannot be an option for all cards and therefore personalisation needs to be restricted to only a set group of cards. Is this indeed possible and if so how could this could be achieved??

Apologies if my confusion is too evident!

Cheers
    Randalldon

I think what you want is to use the componants and the permutations to get the price

You would then set up two attributes
    Plain Card
    Plain Card with message +£1.00

In the componants you then go to permutations and use component price for the plain one and override for the one with message plus the value of £1.00

Make sure the product is sum of product and componant
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Can you not simply have 2 sets of products ... for every variety personalised or not have a product but do not use the "other info" prompt .... directly beneath those that can be personalised have a new product with the "info prompt" enabled and simply add £1.00 to the cost... the message would then appear beanth the desired card in the checkout... and would be a required field.

If you don't want the item beneath simply add a link to the personalised version of the product

Or am I missing something?

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry mis read the question

guess you would have to html a form into the product description
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

You could try as Jont suggests and place the Other Info products as copies immediately below the main one - priced £1 more and with the Other Info Prompt set.

However use a modified Product Template for these additional products that's been stripped down (comment out most text) to show nothing other than the text "As above - with personalisation", the price, other Info Prompt and the Add to Cart button.

This way the customers will see the main card and under it a very compact As above - with personalisation, Input box, Different Price, and Cart Button.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Jonty

Been using Actinic for about 3 years now and only just checked out that info option. talk about being blind to the obvious
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
              guess you would have to html a form into the product description
              The form is already there in the guise of the "other info question" ... if this option is used purely against the cards that can be personalised and as a personalised only product then the message will appear beneath each product in the cart and order so the customer/supplier would know what card is wanting which message.

The other info prompt is a required field (unless you use Normans donationware Multiple Other Info Prompts) hence the need to have all cards set without the prompt and then the cards that can be personalised as new products with the other info prompt enabled

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Personalisation

Thanks for you prompt replies,

Norman, i think you were as close as we can get...just a few queries...you'll have to bear with me.

However use a modified Product Template for these additional products that's been stripped down (comment out most text) to show nothing other than the text "As above - with personalisation", the price, other Info Prompt and the Add to Cart button.
                I have created a new template for this product as you suggested - Act_ProductLinecustom.html (is the original Act_ProductLine.html file the one i needed to modify?) but i'm unsure as to what i can or can't comment out without breaking the page. I have attached a .txt version of my custom product line page if that will help at all!?!?

As an aside...how do i reduce the input box width (not max characters) of the "Other Info" question. At the momnet due to its large width it is breaking my columns!

Cheers
                randalldon
                Attached Files

Comment

Try this (unsupported) Template. Modify the innermost table to suit.
                  Code:
                  <!-- ProductLine HTML begin -->
                  <!-- Insert HTML for the top of the individual product -->
                  <!-- NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE Act_ProductSeparator.html -->
                  NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
                  NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
                  <script language=JavaScript>
                  <!--
                  if ( currentcol++ == 0 ) document.write('<tr><td colspan=3><table border=0><tr>');
                  document.write('<td width="' + colwidth + '%" valign=top>');
                  // -->
                  </script>
                  <noscript><tr><td width="100%"></noscript>
                    <!-- START each product lives in this table - alter below to rearrange items -->
                    <table width="100%">
                     <tr>
                      <td>
                        <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">As above with Personalisation</a>
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML 
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         NETQUOTEVAR:OTHERINFOPROMPT
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         NETQUOTEVAR:CARTERRORXML
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY<br>
                      </td>
                      <td>
                         <Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS>
                         NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEENDXML

<!--   hide this lot
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE
                         NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK
                         NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINK
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXT
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK
                         NETQUOTEVAR:DISCOUNTINFO
                         NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION
                         NETQUOTEVAR:DATEPROMPT
                   -->
                      </td>
                     </tr>
                  </table>
                    <!-- END each product lives in this table - alter above to rearrange items -->
                   </td>
                  NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
                  <script language=JavaScript>
                  <!--
                  if ( currentcol >= CUSTOMVAR:NUMCOLS )
                    {
                    document.write('</tr></table></td></tr>');
                    currentcol = 0;
                    }
                  // -->
                  </script>
                  <noscript></tr></noscript>

NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT
                  <!-- Insert HTML for the bottom of the individual product -->
                  <!-- ProductLine HTML end -->
                  As for the Input box look in Design / Text / Goto / Phase -1, ID 2161 and change
                  Code:
                  %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" SIZE="%d" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>
                  to
                  Code:
                  %s<INPUT TYPE=text NAME="%s" DUMMY="%s" SIZE="20" MAXLENGTH="%d" VALUE="%s" %s>
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

Thanks worked an absolute treat in both respects!

Cheers
                    randalldon

Comment

Working...
                    X