Advanced Locations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Locations?

I have added England, Wales, Scotland, NI, and Channel Islands as UK 'provinces' in Advanced Locations as I need different Shipping prices for CI.

Then I've set up a UK zone in Shipping and removed CI from it, also an Ireland & Channel Islands zone including (obviously!) Ireland and CI.

I was expecting just these 5 options to be available in the checkout if UK is selected, but I get the full list of US states available also.

Is this the way if works, or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Thanks, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Hi,

It will show you all the states / provinces available in Advanced | Locations. If you do not ship to the USA then I would suggest deleting the states for the US and Canada. You will then be left with only the ones you created for the UK.
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

I will delete as suggested.

Perhaps a client-side js driven by an onChange on the main zone select, to show only relevant states/provinces, might be a good future edition addition?

And this should probably force a state/province selection where a zone with active states/provinces is selected.

Failing that, it might be handy to have the ability to mark as inactive, rather than delete, unrequired states/provinces, in case they are required in future.
      Last edited by dandelion; 02-Nov-2005, 12:36 PM. Reason: added thoughts.
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Dan, could I take a look at the website where you have that shipping defined as it might be something similar to what I need to do?

Thanks,
        Amin Motin
        First Choice Aquatics Ltd
        0870 8964698
        Offering a fine range of high quality branded aquarium and pond products

Comment

Hi Amin

I haven't done anything clever with JavaScript in the end, I have just deleted the US provinces as they are not necessary for me.

Dan
          adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Really its about time the shipping was revised by actinic to allow different prices for channel Islands, Isle of man etc to be already in place when you download actinic

If they issue it with the usa states why not Europe and the UK islands etc. I know its easy to change but why hassle a newbe with this added work
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris,

By default the USA and Europe come with the member states and countries added in, you acn see this in Advanced | Locations or in Business settings | Tax. Each person has their own method of shipping within the UK and in general it is a practice to apply a standard shipping rate to all areas of the UK, depending on what you are selling. The request to have a built in list of member states / counties for the UK is a wish list, but how will you charge diffrent prices for the Channel Islands etc, if you have them all as members of a country?? The shipping prices if applied to the UK will be charged universally to all member states of the UK. With the present setup you have the flexibility to charge differently. Do let me know if you still think they should come pre-defined and I will make a wish list entry for you.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Dear Bruce

Sorry put it wrong

As most new users will only be selling to UK mainland and islands etc, they should be able to quickly set these up without having to delve to deep into actinic

The most basic setup would be to include at the top of Locations the following
                England
                Scotland
                Wales
                Northern Island
                Channel Islands
                Isle of man
                Shetlands, Orkneys & Hebrides
                Scilly Islands

This would enable most people to quickly sort out their postage / courier charges

These could then be included in the sample site along with sample prices etc

Just trying to help the new users quickly grasp the shipping side
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Will add this to the wish List for you.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown
                    As most new users will only be selling to UK mainland and islands

Max

Comment

Working...
                    X