Special delivery instructions box location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special delivery instructions box location

I am using 'User Definable' field in Delivery Address for the customer to enter any special delivery instructions.
    If then the customer selects 'Same as Invoice Address' as their delivery address, the User Definable field attached to delivery address disappears.
    Is there a way of getting this field to appear on the Invoice details page, if the customer has selected 'Same as Invoice address'?
    Alternatively, can the 'same as invoice address' option be moved to the Delivery Address page? So the checkout would run:
    (first page) select invoice location, select delivery destination (without check box question)
    (next page) enter invoice address
    (next page) select delivery location. Option for 'same as invoice address' - if this was selected, then fields would be automatically populated with info from invoice - if they didn't, fields would be blank as normal. Somethiing like that?
    Lisa
    www.alanaecology.com

Hi Lisa,

This would require a script change and a change to Act_Order02.html. I have attached the changed files in a zip folder. Please save these to your Site1 folder and then refresh your site.

It will not change around the set up as per your liking, but would ensure that the delivery address page is displayed immetarial of the check box for 'If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box:' being selected or not, and hence you will have the special delivery field available at all times. Please note that you will have to put back any changes you have made to the original Act_Order02, unless you have made the change for the default 'Special Delivery Instructions' in Design | Text.

Kind regards,
    Attached Files
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, that works really well. There is one little snag though. If a customer has previous delivery addresses in their address book, but has not checked "Delivery address different from invoice address" on the first page of checkout, when they then get to delivery page (act_order2) their previous delivery addresses appear as options, but when you click them, nothing happens. This is a bit confusing I feel.
      Ideally, I would like do away with the first shopping cart page altogether, then the next page would be invoice details, and the next page delivery details with an option at that point to select "same as invoice address" with auto field population.
      I guess that's not possible at the moment. I expect the ability to rearrange the shopping cart is on the wishlist already... but can I add my vote?!
      Lisa
      www.alanaecology.com

Comment

OR... can previously saved delivery addresses be hidden if the customer has selected 'delivery address same as invoice address'?
        Lisa
        www.alanaecology.com

Comment

Lisa,

Have added your request to the wish list and am checking to see if it is possible to hide previously saved delivery addresses if the deliver to address other than invoice address is not selected.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Lisa...

In the modified Orderscript.pl find the following lines (about 3204):

#
            # Make Address Book
            #
            if ($::ACT_ADB)

Change the last line to this:

if ($::ACT_ADB &&
            $::g_BillContact{'SEPARATE'})

Save the file and update the site

Then if the Separate Shipping address is not checked, then the Address
            book won't be displayed, as it is actually confusing.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X