Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complex shipping requirements

Hi All
    We have very complex shipping requirements. Basically we have multiple locations to ship to and a range of product sizes by volume and weight. It would be very difficult to create a look up table as there would be something like 200 items in it.
    We want our store to work as a 2 tier model. The customer pays for the product and when we acertain his exact address and what he bought , can then invoice him shipping charges. How do we do a second round..i.e. send a second shipping invoice seperately through actinic, after the customer checks out and pays out. Can that be done?

many thanks for any input

When you open a downloaded order and open it in Actinic, you will see a mail tab. You can create a new template mail to send from here to your client.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

You could munge something together to do that but the hassle in creating additional invoices and then explaining the additional costs would be a pain - the likelyhood is that people will just not bother as they like to see the price they pay up front in a clear and transparent way.

I would really take the time to create a shipping table that works and the customer can see exactly what they are going to be paying - you will lose less sales and will automate the whole procedure for you also once you have it up and running.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Jont
        Thanks...how do I create a shipping table...? I have about 500 products..of different sizes...about 10 different sizes and they are all going to different destinations

Comment

You are probably best using the "by weight" method and allocating weight bands depending on the size of the products (set a dummy weight against each product) eg:

size xtra small : 0.1kg
          size small : £10kg
          size medium : 100kg
          size large : 1000kg
          etc

You will need to set up under View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling the different shipping bands to the various zones you have created... against each then allocate the costs depending on the weight bands you have used above.

It is not perfect as you will need to take into account if people add from a small size and then a large size.... best to trial it out adding in popular choices to ensure you are covered on the postage.

If you have known volume sizes you could try using the excess feature using "increment highest value in table by"

Hopefully future releases will have a better shipping model >>focus Actinic<<

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X