How often to Refresh instead of Update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often to Refresh instead of Update?

Can anybody advise on how often one should Refresh the website rather than Update. What would happen if one didn't Refresh? Would refreshing speed up the customers' experiences using the website? Does refreshing interfere with orders in the process of being placed? Should it be done when the site is quiet?

Sarah

You should only need to refresh if the site is not working - script errors, can't add to cart etc. An update is best used for ...erm.. updating.

In theory you should always suspend ordering for 30 mins and then update - but few of us have the time in the real world. Depending on the number of changes made and your internet connection an upload can often be done in a couple of minutes. Make sure you check for any orders before hit upload.

An update is much safer than a refresh if people are on the site

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Refresh

Thank you Jont. There appear to be two versions of Refresh. The Refresh that I was referring to is in the Web menu, between the update and download items. There is also a Website Purge and Refresh in the Help menu under Troubleshooting. Do these two Refresh items do the same thing? Were you referring to the Website Purge and Refresh or to the Web: Refresh? From my understanding the Website Purge and Refresh is only for use if there is a problem. Does this apply the same with the Refresh?

Sarah

Comment

i understood these basically do the same, however i stand to be corrected

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

that is my understanding also.

Again - unless there is something actively wrong with the site a refresh is not needed and you probably wont gain anything from a user experience point of view

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
          X