Suggested path to upgrade a v3 live site to v6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggested path to upgrade a v3 live site to v6

I am upgrading a v3 Actinic site with some minor template customisation to v6. Does anyone have a recommended method of doing this?

I'd planned to copy the old site to another computer, perform the upgrade, apply the 'Site Upgrader' then do any further template modification. After that I'd do a site refresh (if this is not already done by the site upgrader) to sync the new updated site with the web version.

Has anyone had any experiece on this?

Thanks!
    Mister B

Your best bet is to install v3 on the computer your using to upgrade the site, then install v6 and tell it to upgrade the existing v3 sites.

I recently had to do a v3 to v6 and made a total hash of it. I copied the v3 site directory to my v6 (Developer) sites folder in place of a newly created site, and then launched v6, which 'tried' to upgrade. It did miss out most of the new template and text files in the process though. I ended up copying those over manually.

Actinic don't seem to have any better methods.

Allen

Comment

Yes, I had planned to install on a 'clean' PC. So firstly, I'd install Actinic 3, then copy the site 1 directory over, then install Actinic 6 upgrade, then run the site upgrader.

I just wanted to make sure that this was probably the best method of doing it, and to see if anyone had any additional pearls of wisdom that could save me making a complete tit of myself...

Thanks for your help so far - at least I know I am on the right track!

Cheers,
      Mister B

Comment

Working...
      X