Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nav Menu Help

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial21922/index.html

why is an unused menu item appearing above my table with the nav stuff in?

i dont understand whats causing it

my code looks like this:

in act_brochureprimaryleft:

<table width="100%" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" background="nav_bg.gif">
    <tr>

NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE

</tr>
    </table>

in Act_BrochureNavItem:

<td align="center" valign="bottom">
    <A HREF="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVLINK" TARGET="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVTARGET" NETQUOTEVAR:MOUSEOVERCALL>NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE</A>
    </td>

any help appreciated, thanks in advance

The 'unused menu item' would appear to be the current location - is this a controllable feature of NorTree?

The menu half hides the item in Opera - looks like the Nortree Top setting could be incremented by about 5px.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

ive tried removing nortree and its still there so it must be something to do with actinic.
      its only showing up on brochure pages aswell, could it be something in the brochureprimary?

Comment

Hi,

The 'More' button relates to a brochure page that you have in the software called 'More_Info.html'. If you do not want this page then you can delete it in your content tree and the button will disappear.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

ok your right i dont need 'more' but if you take another look http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial21922/index.html
          you will see ive got a home icon i dont need

i also wonder why i dont have a home button in the shop pages?
          http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial21922/shop.html

Comment

Hi,

The first 'Home' button on the home page is coming from the 'Button Image' and 'Highlight Image' of the home page in Actinic (the one with the 'house' icon). The second one links to the shop and is coming from 'Design | Options | Brochure tab | Link to Catalog ('Normal' and 'Highlight'). If you remove these images then also make sure you remove the 'default brochure button' images too or it will use those instead.

The 'Home' button in the shop pages is coming from 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous | Home Page Link'. You probably have it set to 'Brochure'. Change it to 'None' and no button will appear.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Something wrong with your whole setup. If I click on the PC on the home page I go to the http://trials.actinic.com/trials/tri...d_Ons.html#a11 location, but if I try to get there from the Nortree menu I get a page not available message, same with the rest of the Nortree links. As for the two home buttons, one is your current location and one is your Shop Home page - how have you named that page in Actinic?

Not linking back to the Brochure page from the shop - do you have the 'use as home page' box ticked?
              Bill

Comment

thanks, i think ive got the menu sorted now

wjcampbe

how relevant do you think opera is? I always think if it looks ok in i.e and firefox then its ok, especially as the new netscape lets you choose between viewing like i.e or firefox

Comment

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial21922/index.html

does anyone know why my links on my nortree menu arent working?

Comment

Hi,

Have you made the changes suggested by Bill (wjcampbe) and TraceyG as yet? If you have, have you done a refresh of the site? I would suggest doing a Web | refresh Website rather than just an update.

Kind regards,
                    Bruce King
                    SellerDeck

Comment

yea ive made the changes, refreshed n all.

Looking at the site in opera my nortree menu is too high and the border looks very dodgy, do you suggest i alter it so it looks ok or should i just ignore it? i reckon not many people use opera, plus i want my menu to be in a specific position and it looks ok in i.e. and firefox

is there any javascript or anything i can use to change the menu according to wich browser is used?

much thanks.

Comment

Maybe Norman can answer that one for you.
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

All your links now work for me in Opera, IE and Firefox EXCEPT if I try to go to the Accessories & Bags section (not one of the sub-sections - they work) it brings up a File Not Found on the php filename and an expired SSL certificate error on cobalt55.netbenefit.co.uk
                          Bill

Comment

strange! it shouldnt matter tho because im just doing the design on this installation of actinic then moving all the templates and stuff over to the current site, so all the sections and links e.t.c should work fine.
                            I wouldve thought anyway?

Comment

How do I remove the products item from my nav menu? I dont want it there as it links to an empty page (I arent using section lists just the nortree menu)

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X