Multiple Errors using Validator W3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Errors using Validator W3

I've run my site www.enchanted-wood.co.uk through http://validator.w3.org. and received a horrendous error report running to 143 errors (Word document attached)!!

I am not experienced at coding or programming but am happy to try and rectify all these errors laboriously IF I could only find where the coding was that they refer to.

Can anyone give me a hint on this?

I have sent the Validator report to Actinic following an earlier query where Actinic told me a DOCTYPE Declaration was missing and told me to insert the following at the beginning of the primary template:

----------------------------8<---------------------------------------
    <!-- Primary HTML begin -->
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    ----------------------------8<---------------------------------------

I did this and ended with a whole load of templates being reorganised and the -------8<------ appearing at the top of each page. I therefore removed it.

I appreciate that many of you are experienced in this sort of thing so any hints as to how to correct all these errors would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ben Colman
    www.enchanted-wood.co.uk
    Attached Files

Ben,

Neither dashes lines should have been included - just the code between them, so if you still have one dashes line in your template(s) it should be removed.

No Actinic page can validate 100% because of the NETQUOTEVARS and BASEHREF and other 'special features' required by the software.

There was along thread on this a couple of months ago - try a forum search if you have time to spare, otherwise just forget about it.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Bill - thanks (again!) for the advice, but could you advise whether the coding string discussed above goes only at the beginning of the Main Primary Template or also the Brochure Primary Template?

I have in the meantime run a few other Actinic sites through Validator and most come up with a similar 'selection' of errors, incluidng your own, so at least I feel in good company!

Thanks again

Ben

Comment

Hi Ben, put the code at the top of Act_BrochurePrimary.html, Act_Primary.html and Act_PrimaryCheckout.html plus any customised Primary templates you use.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X