Error when going to customer only sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error when going to customer only sections

I have implemented the solution from the advanced user guide that allows you to go bounce people out of certain sections if they are not logged in.

However whenever a logged in user goes to the section that uses the new template I get an error message. (runtime error occured, line 110, object expected)

My web site is http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/index.html, log in using test, test and then go to the mailing list section which is the last section to see the error in action.

Any ideas?
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

I have fixed this now - the actNotRegistered{} function has not defined for B2B sites because of the placement of the NOTINB2B tags, so I have moved them down into the function body to ensure that it is defined but does nothing.

This is what my changes are like now.

<Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=NoEntry.html">
    </Actinic:NOTINB2B>
    <script language="javascript1.1">
    function actNotRegistered(){
    location.replace ('NoEntry.html');
    </Actinic:NOTINB2B> }
    </script>

I have seen the other messages about this problem but I tried to remove spaces etc but it made no difference.
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Correction : that last bit of code didn't work after all - but this one does.

Note that I had to move the NOTINB2B tags and then comment them out to get rid of the problem - now I know why I am not a Javascript programmer :-)

//<Actinic:NOTINB2B>
      //</Actinic:NOTINB2B> }
      </script>

Comment

Another bug has raised it's ugly head. This is the real working code. The difference is that the closing bracket is now on it's own line.

//<Actinic:NOTINB2B>
        //</Actinic:NOTINB2B>
        }
        </script>

Regards

Comment

Thanks Jan

I will amend the code in the Advanced User Guide.

Comment

...humm have i missed somethng

surely the "on load " element is not needed?, you are providing two seperate methods of refresh~ meta and javascript location.replace

when the ~

is parsed the page will be re directed if the tag evaluates to true ?

-- if I am correct - you have two choices- either the above
            or the javascript function:-

onLoad="NETQUOTEVAR:ONLOAD;actNotRegistered()"
            with~

}
            </script>

(*note comment outs removed- since it would appear that the only way your function would work "some of the time" rather than "all of the time" is to create a conditional based on the NOTINB2B call - if it was working then I can only suggest the Actinic:NOTINB2B call is executed regardless of the commenting out.... the bracket on a new line was needed because the bracket was on a commented out line- ergo- unavailable, (its not a bug... just harder to see without using closing tag form of commenting out))

If I am being stupid please let me know

Comment

It looks like you are right. I have no idea why there are both methods - I've never really clocked it before. All I know is it works. Feel free to use one or the other on your store. I'll clarify the documentation when the next major release comes out.

Comment

Working...
              X