Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positioning of product title (short description)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positioning of product title (short description)

Is there a way to get the short description/product title to span the width of the image AND the description.

see http://budget-bumps.co.uk/acatalog/Black_Trousers.html

What I really want is for the tital to be ABOVE the image and description so that I can use longer short descriptions without it spanning out over more than one line (which looks messy)

Which template to I need to edit, and idiot's guide to wha I need to do in it!!?

Many thanks
    Tracey
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

it is probably going to be the Act_productLine.html template - if you attach a copy of this thread as a .txt file someone should be able to change the table layout for you .. you are looking for a new cell spanning the 2 existing columns and the NQV moving into the new cell.

Best for someone to be working from your Act_ProductLine in case there are other alterations in there

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

righto...thanks Jont!
      I've attached my Act_ProductLine as a txt file...
      It's all jibberish to me but I do see what you mean about what needs doing..
      If anyone can help, it'd be great. It'd look a lot better than how it does now and would enable me to use more details in the short description (handy for carts and customer emails!!)
      Thanks!
      Tracey

Comment

Take a backup of the original template first and see if the attached is of use ... the product title spans the image and description areas - this is aligned left but you can easily change to "center" if required.

HTH
        Attached Files

Bikster

Comment

ooh..that's much better Jont!! Thank you!
          Any idea how I'd adjust that to work with the "layout for new products ", please?
          It uses a small image and I can't quite work out where it should go (dim me!)
          Thanks!
          Tracey

Comment

try the attached
            Attached Files

Bikster

Comment

ahh...can reply now! (wasn't working before!)
              Worked a treat thanks.. looks better centered (and worked out how to do it myself!!)
              Bit of a weird thing though , I changed both templates (through template manager, they are the only 2 templates I use for product layouts (I think!)) and did an upload... but only one page changed.. (the one I was offline previewing on) not throughout the site..
              any idea why that would be?
              Will try an upload again later when kids have gone to bed!
              Tracey

Comment

ok..and another thing... I have a lot of white space above the main product description (where the short description used to be!)
                Is there a way to eliminate this at all? It looks like something is missing!
                Cheers
                Tracey
                Tracey

Comment

Try adding a valign="top" in the following line:

Code:
                  <td colspan="2" align="LEFT"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF <br>
                  adding it in as follows:

Code:
                  <td colspan="2" align="LEFT" valign="top"><span class="actxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF <br>
                  that will allign that cell to the top

Looking at the source code on the linked page above you also have a <br> tag in there which looks like it is coming from the product description

Bikster

Comment

Thank you again jont..that's much better. Not sure about the other <br> tag.. but just aligning the description to the top is much much better and the layout now, with the short description along both image and description cells, means that I can add the word "maternity" into the product name and it all looks so much better!
                    Your help is very much appreciated! Many thanks again
                    Tracey
                    Tracey

Comment

Hi

Sorry to Hi jack the post, but its quite an old one.
                      I have followed the first part and my layout looks much better.
                      But I have some small questions....

1. The font on the title is a little small, how do I grow it to a bigger size?

2. There is a big space above the long description, how do I get it to the top, say level with the top of the image. Also can I squeeze it up a bit?

Take a look at my pages, many thanks

http://www.wmmotorsport.com/acatalog/p205-fnt-susp.html

David
                      West Midlands Motorsport
                      www.wmotorsport.com (parts)
                      www.wmms.co.uk (news)
                      West Midlands Motorsport.
                      All your Motorsport needs.
                      www.wmmotorsport.com (parts)
                      www.wmms.co.uk (news, about us)

Comment

Hi David.

1. in the Act_ProductLine.html look for the following line:

Code:
                        <span class="actsmall"><b>NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</b></span>
                        change the "actsmall" to a larger size from the actinic.css ... this would typically be actregular

2. above the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION you have 2 <br> tags in there ... delete these to move the product text up 2 lines

HTH

Bikster

Comment

Hi

Many thanks, u are a star...

On piont 2 I am unable to find them <br> tags, but "hey ho" it looks good to me any way.

Just need to get more images up, off to the store room we go.......
                          David
                          West Midlands Motorsport.
                          All your Motorsport needs.
                          www.wmmotorsport.com (parts)
                          www.wmms.co.uk (news, about us)

Comment

Working...
                          X