stock error with stock monitoring off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stock error with stock monitoring off?

I've got a client who we just had upgrade from 6.0.2 to 6.1.5 and his store was refreshed - now the site is complaining of out of stock errors while stock monitoring is TURNED OFF - any ideas?

We are sorry, the combination you selected ...

Example URL:

http://www.curricanes.com/acatalog/_...mamoto_80.html

Add the: Lombriz Yamamoto Single Tail 8" (10 piezas) to your cart and see what I mean - stock monitoring is completely turned off and yet this is acting like it's turned on...
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Hi,

Have heard of this one lately. The resolve was to do a complete refresh of the site and things went back to normal... now since the client has refreshed and come up with this .. I would suggest doing it the manual way...

1. Manually FTP to your server

2. Delete all the .pl and .pm files within your /cgi-bin/ folder

3. Delete all the .cat & .fil within your /acatalog/ folder

4. On your local PC, please go to 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v6\Sites\Site1'

5. Delete all the .pl and .pm and .cat & .fil files here as well

6. Go to the folder 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v6\Original' and copy the .pl and .pm and paste them back into your Site1 folder

Once this is done do a complete refresh fo the site .. Web | Refresh Website.

Do post back and let us know if it helped.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

no - it did not work.

This is most odd - there is no stock monitoring by default - it's off on the product itself, there are NO associated products in the component options and yet some options can be ordered, and some can not.... the client wants to revert to 6.0.2.1 - got a download for him?

Comment

Hi,

You will have to get them to install 6.0.1 first and then run the patch for 6.0.2 over it as there is no full version of 6.0.2. Guess you should have upgraded the 6.0.2 to 6.1.0 and then to 6.1.5 because of the perl script changes betweent eh two versions. You can down load from here ... http://support.actinic.com/versions/

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

and the 6.1.5 installer doesn't handle that correctly - or at least do a version check?

Comment

Had the same problem with a client earlier this year on V6, and it was only solved by a re-install! At the time, I think they were on 6.1.4, and it seemed to happen spontaneously (- no upgrade involved - but who knows what happened on their PC).
            Mike Booker
            M B Web Services
            mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
            +44 1932 340318

Comment

my problem is that this happened amidst a server move - the client wants to blame the new server - but I know it's related to changing Actinic version - which was only done to send me a snapshot of their site to debug another small - unrelated issue but of course, I can't import a 6.0.2 snapshot into my v6.1.5 - so the solution seemed to be to get the client to upgrade - that was my first big mistake...

Once again, the upgrade of the software left a big gaping hold in the functionality of the site, and GUESS WHO looks like a chump - yes - ME!

I'm getting really fed up with this "game"...

Comment

Hi,

Are you still facing the issue with 'We are sorry, the combination you selected ...
                ', I have just checked the site again and it works perfectly fine, added to cart with no issues. Please ignore order No : ATNORE10003926. The site is definately 6.1.5 EGRA.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

The client told me he was going to downgrade to 6.0.2 - I haven't spoken with him since... I'll check what he actually did - but it does look like the problem has gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X