Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Norton Patch Files Correct??

Hi
    After downloading the excellent WinMerge (Thanks Norman) and comparing my Site1 Actinic.pm and ShoppingCart.pl files, I find the following has changed in the Actinic.pm file..

Code:
    #
    		# Use the hard coded URL
    		#
    		$sURL = $$::g_pSetupBlob{CATALOG_URL};
    		if (IsCatalogFramed())
    			{
    			$sURL .= 'catalogbody.html';
    			}
    		}	
    	return ($sURL);
    	}
    has become
    Code:
    #
    		# Use the hard coded URL
    		#
    		$sURL = $$::g_pSetupBlob{CATALOG_URL};
    		}	
    	return ($sURL);
    	}
    Is this the Norton fix...? Doesn't look like it would solve any referrer problems.

What is interesting however is that my Actinic.pm file version (as shown inside the file header) is 256 and your patched version is 255...

Surely it should be greater than my current version or at least the same (in the event I had patched them a while back and forgotten)

As for the Shopping Cart perl script, apart from my own simple button mods, nothing is different..

I continue to get errors in our error log (indicative of Privacy Services) and would like some kind of answer please.

The site functions fine, so the error log should reflect this..

Error log can be found here
    (Ignore errors caused by my changing prompts/shipping combinations and product removals)

I would like to discover the cause of the errors before applying my new Actinic scripts which handle bespoke product management in the cart..

Thanks

What the patched Perl files do is change the way the Actinic perl scripts tell the online store where the shopping cart session files are located.

Basically, Norton strips out 'referrer' information from the Actinic shopping cart URLs that tellit what page to go back to after adding to the cart. Therefore people were getting a '404 Not Found' page after adding to cart because Actinic couldn't find the 'acatalog' folder.

I suggest applying the mods, then removing the error log file (so a new one is created) and see if the problems are dealt with.

Comment

Hi
      What mods??

The only difference I can see is that 'catalogbody.html' is amended to the URL if the catalogue is set as framed, which it isn't..

Could someone at Actinic please confirm what the Norton fix is because I can't see any real updates to these Perl scripts from the originals...

Comment

Graeme

The two sets of files are attached in their original, unedited form.

If you do a comparison you will see the changes. It is more changes than your tool highlighted.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
          Thanks for them. I can now see the edits made.

The reason my comparison failed to highlight them was because they were already present in my Site1 scripts..So I must have updated them a while ago and forgotten..

Doesn't explain why my Actinic.pm version number is 1 above the patch though...

Anyways, concluding that the Norton patch has been applied, why all the errors online??

I myself can see no operational errors, but the log shows many attempts to load the cart file which is no longer present..

I wonder if this is because people are going back in the browser from the confirmation page (which of course would throw that same error)

I'm sure the other errors are mainly caused by product updates and people trying to "hack" the system to get a better deal..

Thanks anyway..At least I now have WinMerge, excellent for Perl

Comment

Working...
          X