Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navigation menu help required please!

Hello guys and girls

I'm in the midst of trying to move everything from our main site which has been designed in FrontPage and moving it all over to Actinic. So far so good. I've managed to get a similar nav. menu on our products page as our main site. Please see link:

http://www.theindianweddingcompany.c...alog/home.html

Main page:

http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk

My problem is I tried to move the Nav menu which I designed in DW into the Brochure pages but it won't line up on the left hand side. It moves down too much so I can get it to align no matter what I try.

Any suggestions please.

Also whilst I'm at it does anyone know how to make the script under the menu which show your cart contents and value on the left hand side appear without a box and in white please?

Hope someone can help as I desperately need to get rid of the FTP site or my visitors will think I've gone barmy!! I think I have....
    Thanks
    Sheila

Cart contents
    Code:
    <span class="actxxsmall"> 
    <font color="#ffffff"><script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    document.write("Items&#58;&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");
    document.write("Value&#58;&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
    // -->
    </script></font></span>
    Getting rid of the white background box - sort all the images that are currently referenced from your hard drive location then the existing pixl-red.gif background setting should work.

Menu - again, all the menu images are referencing a location on your hard drive like this file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Sheila/My%20Documents/TIWC%20Ltd/View%20Basket.htm_cmp_wedding-25010_vbtn_a.gif'

Once you get all that cleaned up, upload again and give us another shout - maybe we'll be able to see what is going on - at the moment it's just too confused.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill

I forgot that all the files were still in my hard drive. Thanks for letting me know.

I've renamed them etc and moved them over to site1 folder and uploaded again so everything should be an improvement.

Thanks for your code it worked nicely!!!

I'll work on the nasty go button when I have time. Now back to trying to get this on to my brochure pages if you can help you would be my angel...
      Thanks
      Sheila

Comment

Open Act_BrochurePrimary and Act_Primary side by side and then just copy the working script and code from Act_Primary.html and paste it into Act_BrochurePrimary.html

Take your time, and save the original Act_BrochurePrimary to a different name before you start, so that you can always get back to step 1.
        Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

I've managed to insert the navigation as I wanted on the brochure pages but the alignment is still off. Would you know how to fix it please?

I can't seem to get the navigation menu to move up.

The link so you can see what I've done so far!

http://www.theindianweddingcompany.c...log/index.html
          Thanks
          Sheila

Comment

I see two things that are affecting the positioning of the menu
            Code:
            <td background="menu_bottom.gif"> <p align="center"><a href="http://www.theindianweddingcompany.co.uk/acatalog/index.html" target="_top" onClick="MM_nbGroup
            What is the height of menu_bottom.gif?

Also changing the <p align="center"> to <br /><center> and replacing the closing </p> with a </center> would also give you about 10-15 pixels of upward movement.
            Bill

Comment

Hi Bill

I've removed the menu_bottom.gif as it only serves to colour the background and put in a background colour.

I can't seem to work why this is so much more difficult as I did this with no problems on the primary page but the brochure primary is just proving to be difficult.

I tried what you suggested but still no joy.
              Thanks
              Sheila

Comment

Hi Bill

I managed to resolve it. It's very confusing but you can change the alignment of text/graphics in several places. Anyway the vertical alignment needed to be adjusted to top and it looks fine now.

Many thanks for your help.
                Thanks
                Sheila

Comment

Working...
                X