Help with importing problem please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with importing problem please

We are setting up a shop and I am doing half of the stock and my colleague is doing the other half

his work was exported to a csv and sent to me but when I try to import it I get the following errors:

Line 22: An invalid Product could not be imported.

Line 22: The selected image file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\CC:\Documents and Settings\Andy\Desktop\webimages\toyspics\habgirl02.jpg does not exist.

Line 49: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 49: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 87: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 87: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 102: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 102: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 108: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 108: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 138: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 138: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 146: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 146: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 148: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 148: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 150: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 150: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 153: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.

Line 153: The selected image file does not exist.

Line 20: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 21: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 27: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 26: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 47: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 38: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 40: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 39: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 37: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 36: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 35: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 23: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 46: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 45: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 44: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 43: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 42: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 41: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 30: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 34: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 33: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 32: A product with this reference already exist in another section

Line 31: A product with this reference already exist in another section

It won't import ANYTHING he's done - please can somebody help me here !!
    Thanks
    Andy

This is usually caused by the import file containing references to images that you don't have on your system. He's probably got his Section images in some location that doesn't exist on your system, or you don't have the image that he's referring to.

The best solution is to make sure you both keep images in the same place. Either in Site1 or in an images folder within site1. Once you agree on that all you need is the csv file AND the accompanying images to go with it.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

It looks as if the import file contains full paths to the images, so you may need to either create that path or change the image file. You should be able to do this with find and replace.

With regard to the duplicate product references, every product reference in the catalog needs to be unique, so you may need to adjust some, however you may find that this problem goes away when you resovle the first issue.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

thanks for the replies - tried both of those suggestions, even going so far as to remove all references to the images in the csv file and still it just imports the sections NOTthe actual items themselves. Looks like I'm going to have to manually input all the items SOB !!

Comment

Have you switched off autogenerate product references? That might explain some of your error if you haven't. Have you got the images yet? If not then you need to import but not map the image fields.

The other thing to do is to ask your colleague to send you a snapshot rather than an export file, that would include the images as well.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Um - Jan - wouldn't a snapshot wipe the 50% that has already been done? Looks as though both users have started with an empty store and added items with Actinic generating prod references as they went.

Trying a renamed mdb and an access append would fail too if this is the case.

Unless a global replace of product ref's was carried out on one set of data first....
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Ah, I misread that - I thought that half had been done and the other half is going to be done.

In that case, export your own products, make sure that they import (do a snapshot yourself before testing the import just in case).

Import the other snapshot, then reimport your half.

Regards,

Comment

Hi all

I have exported my site as a csv file in order to add the product image path to all my products (I ran a formula in excel to create the right path for the right image, as all my images have the same name as the my product reference.) however I am still missing some images but the path was on file while I re-imported.

When I did import I got multiple errors saying:

Line 695: An invalid Product could not be imported.
                Line 695: The selected image file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\Product Images\181110P.jpg does not exist.

Line 701: An invalid Section could not be imported. All child items will be skipped as well.
                Line 701: The selected image file does not exist.

I then went back to the csv file an deleted all the image paths I was getting errors for. However when I try and re-import again I am still getting the same errors.

What needs to be done to get this right.

Comment

Hi again

I have just worked out the problem. I haven't seen it covered anywhere else in the forum so I decided to share it with you rather than deleting my post.

The reason it failed to import was because I deleted the wrong line.

When you get an error saying "Line 695... It acutely refers to 2 lines down in your csv file to Line 697.

Weird but thats the solution.

Comment

Working...
                  X