Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't View or Add to Cart

Me Again,

Have overcome many obstacles and finally got a test version of my site uploaded to a Netcetera server. All the links (contact/search/home etc) work just fine but when I try to 'Add to Cart' or 'View Cart' I get the following error:

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers

Checkout seems to work OK as it tells me there is nothing in the cart.

Is this a permissions fault and if so how do I change them?

Site is at http://silvermoonbeads.soon2b.net

Here's hoping!! Tom
    www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

The add to cart buttons are also not working. Try a Web | Refresh first, see if that resolves things. Since the search and javascript navigation links (which go via cgi) are working, it does not look like a permissions issue.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Again Bill,

Yes, mentioned the 'Add to Cart above. I have refreshed the site twice now and get the same problem. I can't check it off-line in Actinic as it tells me that "links that run CGI scripts are not available in preview mode". I will try asking Netcetera support if they have any ideas. Many thanks.
      Tom
      www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Bill,

Have had a look at the files in acatalog on the site and can't see any refering to 'cart' or 'shopping cart' maybe they haven't been uploaded for some reason. Could it be because I'm still using a trial version while I wait for the unlock code?

Tom

Comment

Hi,

The scripts that execute on checkout and cart etc will be found in your cgi-bin on the server. The acatalog will hold the html pages necessary for the site to function. Like Bill mentioned the search is working so the permissions on the scripts etc seem to be right. Have you by any chance made changes to any of the scripts? The reason for asking is because this error is usually indicative of a script change that Actinic is not too happy with or a corrupt script.

I would suggest going into both the 'acatalog' and the 'cgi-bin' folders on the server and deleting the contents, then do a complete refresh of the site. Web | refresh website.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X