Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snapshot errors

Hi

When I do a site snapshot I get the following 2 errors. I know that one is always there (although cannot remember which one).

What do the errors mean, and what do I need to do to fix the non standard one?

Errors
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\shop.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
    (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\self.location.href was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

Thanks

Steven

Steve,

The first one is because Actinci cannot find the file called shop.html in the site one folder and the second is from the javascript that runs the cookie check, it usually is self.location.href = "index.html"; in your case should be shop.html and since it cannot find shop.html, the javascript also is throwing an error in this regard. What do you have ser as your base page name in Design Options | Site defaults? If it is shop.html, please change to index.html and refresh or update and then try the snapshot.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce

It is index.html already, do you mean change to shop.html?

Steven

Comment

Steve,

Looking at the error I assumed it was shop.html !! Leave it as it is. Go to Housekeeping | Compact Databases and select both 'Catalog' and 'Shipping'. This will close down Actinic, reopen and then try the snapshot.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Same problem

Hi

I have the same problem, after running a snapshot I get the following errors, I have tried compacting the DB but the problem still persists:

Errors
          (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\about_us.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
          (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\contact_us.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
          (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\downloads.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.
          (File ExportFiles.cpp, Line 582) - The file C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\news.html was not found System error 2 - The system cannot find the file specified.

Any ideas?
          Stephen
          Stephen Hoyle

Hoyles Electronic Developments

Comment

BTW these files exist in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML\, not C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\
            Stephen Hoyle

Comment

Steven,

What exact version of v7 are you on?? There was an issue with earlier versions of the software that caused some generated pages to go into the SiteHTML folder and not store them in the Site1 folder. Copy these files and paste them into your Site1 folder and then try the snapshot. Should be fine. They are all your Brochure fragments by the way.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

HI Bruce

I upgraded to 7.0.5 from the origional v7 release a few weeks ago, but this problem has only just started.

Yes they are some of my brochure pages, but the rest of my brochure pages as well as all of my product pages reside in the C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1\SiteHTML\ folder.

Is this a problem?
                Stephen Hoyle

Comment

That should not be a problem, as copies of generated files reside in the siteHTML folder. Has moving them over to the Site1 folder helped?

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, that's solved the snapshot issue - thanks

But is it right that other than the 4 files I've just moved, none of my other html files apart from templates reside in the site1 folder?
                    Stephen Hoyle

Comment

Yes, that is perfectly fine.
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

I would recommend that the next time you make any changes that could affect those files, that you check that updated versions are being stored in your site1 folder. Otherwise your snapshot will be including out of date files.

I can't be sure what is causing this, but it sounds suspiciously like the long standing actinic oddity where a hand crafted permanent link confuses the snapshot if the page that's linked to is one that actinic generates itself. What happens is that actinic doesn't store the page for backing up in the snapshot as it's one it creates itself from templates and content (so doesn't need to backup) but the permanent link makes it think it's an external file that does need to be backed up. The net result, actinic tries to find the file for the snapshot, can't find it and throws up an error.

Of course, I would love to hear that this has now been fixed and actinic checks the list of files to backup but I'd be surprised.

Mike
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the advise.

For interest, this problem occured imeadiately after I had modified the top navigation on my site, by removing NQV:HEADERGUIDE and NQV:FOOTERGUIDE from the ACt_Primary.html and Act_BrochurePrimary.html and then adding in a combination of hard coded links and other NQV's e.g. NQV:NAVBCHECKOUT

Maybe this has caused the problem, however not all of the files that I have hard coded appeared in the error log.
                          Stephen Hoyle

Comment

Working...
                          X