probs with new layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probs with new layout

completely rebuilt both broucher primary and act primary with dreamweaver, now home page looks as it should but catalouge pages dont show items that are in the cart. script looks the same as on home page layout..any ideas
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

also

why are there some pages that wont display images etc..
    they seem to be pages that are controled by actprimarycart but i have linked this to the style sheet as in the others
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba

Comment

I was able to see the cart items and the top navigation when I held down the mouse button and swept over the area - you seem to have insufficient contrast in the colours being used.

The home link on the Brochure page points to <A HREF="acatalog/http://www.newblades.co.uk/" TARGET="_self" onMouseOver="SwapImage('nav_home','acatalog/home2.gif')

So it tried to take me to http://www.newblades.co.uk/acatalog/...ewblades.co.uk which of course did not exist.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

hi bill

im in a real mess here dont know exactly where i am at the mo with this, am now doing another refresh after reinstaling a theme but even now it appears to only show the value and number of items in cart on home page and in checkout other pages show a big fat "0" .
        Have a few ideas which will take time will see how i go, after weeks of work am allmost back to square 1 i should have backed up (lesson learned)
        Gary Simpson
        www.tba

Comment

did a refresh

its all over the place now completly wrecked i dont have the skills to be able to salvage this, so a wreckon my best option is to restore all the templates to there origonal state, i cant find reference on how to do this though.

will i loose my catalouge if so how do i save it somewhere and re introduce it

im gutted!!! dreamweaver was meant to be a help
          Gary Simpson
          www.tba

Comment

Hi Gary,

You will find all the original templates in C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Formats\Themes . If you were using a CSS based theme copy the contents from the 'Business CSS' folder, else from the 'Business' folder. The main templates for each individual theme will be in the specific folder.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Gary

I'm learning my way through Actinic too and this support forum is fantastic.

Had a look at your site and what I saw I liked a lot. Very nice design. Did you do all that yourself?

I like the home page especially.
              Amin Motin
              First Choice Aquatics Ltd
              0870 8964698
              Offering a fine range of high quality branded aquarium and pond products

Comment

The check out area is drawing on the old theme you had. To integrate into the new style edit Act_PrimaryCheckout.html and copy over the relevent design items from the Act_Primary.html whilst retaining the Actinic codes in the checkout (this is all the NQV's in the centre table cell).

Save this as something like Act_PrimaryCheckoutNEW.html and then specify that template under Design | Options | Layout to get the new style into the cart areas

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks guys for the feedback

jont
                  i have that area cracked just got to implement it not got the time at the mo though...

Amin
                  i would not exactly say i did this all myself borrowed lots of ideas from other sites nicked a few graphics here and there but would never use in an origonal state, edit graphics for your own needs, i would say you need to browse sites and see what other people are doing, good places to look are web design sites they allways showcase a few of there best designs, your sure to get insparation there. see what you like and have a clear picture in your head of how you want your site to look. "stick to that vision" anything is possable and if you get stuck along the way the guys here are allways very helpfull.
                  i recomend dreamweaver its what u see is what you get features are exelent for actinic because from a design point of view your page looks allmost as it will online, a bit pricey but worth it
                  Gary Simpson
                  www.tba

Comment

Working...
                  X