Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic V7 Catalog 25 problems

Hi

Just been setting up a sample site for a client before she purchases a full V7. She had a free version of Catalog 25. Everything was going well and I had customised the site but on reopening Actinic 25, I now have the following message "The specified key is missing or wrong in the Layout ini file!" and it won't open up. Any thoughts on how I recover from this. There are only a few test products added so I can't have exceeded the limit.

Regards
    Charles

I seem to remember that the 25 refers to plain products, if you use attributes or componants then the number is reduced, this may be the problem
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Actinic 25 problem

Thanks Chris but I can't even open up the pgm to delete anything. Any other thoughts anyone?

Charles
      Intelligent Brochures

Comment

Hi,

Can you open it from the command line? Try going to Start | Run and enter ..
        C:\Program Files\Actinic vxx\Catalog.exe, you can get the path from C:\Program Files.

Chris was spot on about the Components, attributes and choices. There is also a bug associated here that counts Fragments as products and this coud be the cause of the issue. Do post back and let us know if you were able to open from the command line.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

Take a look at this thread
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Actinic V7 Catalog problems - resolved

Thanks to all who replied. I resolved it by copying the complete Site1 folder to a new location then deleting Actinic 25, renamed the initial Site 1 (which was still in the same location on the drive) as Site1a. Then reinstalled the Actinic software and then replaced the new Site1 with the saved Site1 with the original files and content I had previously generated and it worked again.
            The first thing I did after that was to make a snapshot.

Thanks again
            Charles

Comment

Working...
            X