Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks again bill

that explination was exelent sure ill use this method in future,

finished top nav bar now in broucher however i have encountered one more small problem if you are in the home page and click home instead of refreshing the page it returns page can not be displayed, the code must be allmost correct because it will return me home from the about us page, is this normal had not noticed it before..?

<a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFOLINK">&nbsp;Terms & conditions&nbsp;|</a> <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOMELINK">&nbsp;Home</a>
    Gary Simpson
    www.tba
    Replacement blades, drills and cutters for your power tools.....

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      specifying the class before defining the anchor type - I look forward to his explanation of that
      The CSS will work as a.white:link .... it is preferable to use . white a:link in the css stylesheet as it makes finding the relevent class that much easier and keeps in line with using ID selectors eg: #white .... this gets more useful when the stylesheet gets bigger and bigger and tracking things down can get more complicated. It also allows for making it easier the combining and simplifying of rules just as Bill pointed out beneath.

Originally posted by wjcampbe
      This particular bit of css could have been written

.white a:link, a:active, a:visited {
      color: #FFFFFF;
      }

.white a:hover {
      color: #003366;
      }
      Whilst the active state is very very rarely seen (that is the state between clicking and the new page being loaded) the order should be

Link
      Visited
      Hover
      Active

Link and Visited are often combined into the same rule then Hover with the different hover colour etc and then Active which is generally the same as Link and Visited

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

@Jont

I was hoping for an explanation of
        <a class"white" NETQUOTEVAR.......>
        from post #7, as my understanding is that you must define the type of anchor link BEFORE setting a class. I have taken on board the necessary splitting of the active state definition.

thanks,
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

The class is applying its styling the <a> anchor tag and should therefore follow straight after the <a> tag eg <a class"white" href://.....>

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            Whilst the active state is very very rarely seen (that is the state between clicking and the new page being loaded)
            You can see this in action on the new www.actinic.co.uk website - click and hold a text link and you will see a change of font (no active state in the CSS)

Bikster

Comment

Working...
            X