Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"disk or network error" when switching sites within Actinic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"disk or network error" when switching sites within Actinic.

what the heck does that mean?

I run 2 sites on my V7 installation. One Bus V7 and one CatV7.
    It's a pain but I switch between the 2 to work on each in turn (won't be an issue when I upgrade my catalogue one to V8 next year)

Anyway, have been working on both sites, on and off, this morning and just went to switch onto my second site (busV7.0.5) .. I go to "sites" and highlight siteJ and click "activate" (Like I've done a thousand times today it seems!) and all I get is a period of quiet, followed by a pop-up error messages saying "disk or network error"

What the heck does that mean then?!

I iniitally thought it was in relation to the database backup I usually opt to do (for the closing site) as I switch but it still brings up this error even if I select to exit without backup.

So, anyone encountered this before?
    I'm left unable to open by BusinessV7 site now and I'm not sure where to start!
    Thanks
    Tracey
    Tracey

Hi Tracey,

I get the same problem a few times each week usually if I'm working machines to hard. Closing other windows and compacting the database sorts things out for me.
    Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

thanks Mike,
      I tried shutting everyting else down, compacting the databases (of the site I could access anyway!) and restarting the PC, all to no avail!
      Cheers
      Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,
        I'm not one to give technical advice but in your position I would think that if everything was working OK and I didn't change anything then the registry must have been corrupted, Then if I hadn't changed any software I would do a system restore back to last night, this has solved problems for me in the past.
        Mike Julien

www.wheesh.com

Comment

Thanks Mike,
          I think I'm goping to have to do a clean reinstall of 7.0.5 (as opposed to my patch from 7.0.4) and copy in my site folders.
          I'm currently having other issues with the patch too which other folk are unable to replicate so I'll try a clean start and see what's what then.
          Thanks for your help
          Tracey
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X