Does actinic support 3 digit credit card security code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does actinic support 3 digit credit card security code

In UK we will soon have to have customers 3 digit credit card security code in order to take "customer not present" credit card payments. Currently, I cannot find a field in my actinic version 4 system to prompt for the customer to input the 3 digit code together with credit card details when placing an order. So currently we have to telephone customer to get the code. Is there anyway version 4 supports this?
    thanks Pam
    Pam

Luckily I had V4.1.1 lurking on my system.

Try View / Business Settings / Payment / Credit Cards Accepted and for the appropriate card check the CVV2 field.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi norman
      i dont have a cvv2 field only have name of ccards accepted, start date and issue no.
      pam
      Pam

Comment

Could I ask you to go to 'Help | About'. What version of Actinic are you using?

Comment

Actinic catalogue V4
          4.0.7.0.2.0.BASA
          Pam

Comment

CVV2 support was added in 4.0.8.

You should go to http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm then use the 'full version' upgrade to upgrade to 4.1.0, and then use the 4.1.1 'patch upgrade' to be on the latest v4.

Comment

chris
              is the upgrade a simple procedure only i have had so many problems lately that i do not want to jeopardise my system.
              thanks pam
              Pam

Comment

Pam

The upgrade itself is simply a case of running a couple of executable files. You shouldn't have any trouble with the software - it's your hardware that seems to be causing you problems at the moment.

There are some belt and braces stuff you can do to always ensure you can get back to your 407 installation:

1) Copy your 'Sites\Site1' folder somewhere safe during the upgrade.
                2) Make a note of all your 'Housekeeping | Security' details in a word document.
                3) Make sure you also have the 4.0.7 installation files by downloading them from http://support.actinic.com/versions/
                4) Make a note of your license key. This should be on the box you have. If it isn't, then you need to get it from the registry. Go to 'Start | Run' - type 'regedit' and use the folders at the left to browse to
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog4\Sites\Site1\Catalog
                Then make a not of the value you see at the right hand side next to 'AuthorisationKey'

Comment

Working...
                X