Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with link for sage

Hi

I am trying to test Link for Sage Line 50 v11. First time user of Sage!

I have two Actinic sites (in developer) and I wish to connect each of these to Sage. I have a Sage 15 day evaluation installation for my local testing, and I do have a valid SDO key from the client's full Sage package.

My problem occurs with creating a Profile thorugh the "Sage Line 50 to Actinic" interface. The only Sage Data Directory path I can find is c:\program files\actinic link\sage line 50\datafiles\site1.

I did have a site1 folder in Actinic originally, but have since replaced this with two Actinic sites eg SiteA and SiteB in Actinic. As far as I can see, these are not accessible (or being created) as sage Data Directories. Have since reinstalled Link and Sage.

Apologies if I'm being more than usually dim here, but I've not used Link/Sage before.

Many thanks for any help on offer, Dan
    adaptive-image.co.uk

As I use developer I get this problem too. When you move things around you have to re-establish the link so it can read the file.

My system couldn't read the sage database until I hand wrote the path!!!

I usually find them maually and then type it in. I haven't had much success using browse.

Regards Duncan
    Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Thanks Duncan

I have tried manually creating the following folder and editing the Sage Data Directory path to suit...

c:\program files\actinic link\sage line 50\datafiles\siteA

...but Link is still saying "Can not connect to Sage database, Invalid data path..."

Is the path above correct?

Are you using a full version of Sage, or like me, a 15 day evaluation?

Am I right in assuming that I can set up 2 profiles, one each for Actinic SiteA and SiteB, and keep the accounts separately?

Thanks again for your help, Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

I think you should be looking for ACCDATA in the sage files for actinic to sage link

To send data from actinic to sage you need actinic to sage, it sounds like you may be using the sage to actinic link and trying to go the wrong way
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by dandelion
          Thanks Duncan

I have tried manually creating the following folder and editing the Sage Data Directory path to suit...

c:\program files\actinic link\sage line 50\datafiles\siteA

...but Link is still saying "Can not connect to Sage database, Invalid data path..."

Is the path above correct?

Are you using a full version of Sage, or like me, a 15 day evaluation?

Am I right in assuming that I can set up 2 profiles, one each for Actinic SiteA and SiteB, and keep the accounts separately?

Thanks again for your help, Dan
          I'm using Line50 Financial Controller v9 multi user but I haven't seen any need to upgrade as Sage want you to EACH YEAR!!!

My path to read sage data reads

d:\Program Files\line50\accdata

You need to set up a profile for each instance of Actinic you are running. You run them one at a time unless like me you use multiple companies and consolidate.

Your path seems to be ok but I'd check that you have the path exactly.

Try - c:\program files\actinic link\sage line 50\datafiles\siteA\output

I'm putting in a new and faster HArd Drive and reinstalling the system from scratch. That will involve install everything again so I will have to do this again too. I'm not looking forward to it but it has to be done.

Duncan
          Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Working...
          X