Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet browser changes website appearance

Hi!

I wonder if anyone can help me to solve a problem...

I am pleased with the way my site looks when viewed in Mozilla Firefox, but have only just noticed that when my site is viewed in Internet Explorer there are a number of changes. The logo appears a poorer quality and there are gaps in the menu and an extra purple stripe across the horizontal menu.

Do you know why this could be, and what I can do to ammend it?

My website is www.EasternLink.co.uk

Thank you,

from Fiona

You will find FF displays correctly and IE is the culprit - the extra spaces may be comming from the template comment tags - try ticking Compact HTML/ CGI under Design | Options | Misc | Generation Options to see if that resolves.

You should have this ticked anyhows as it reduces the page size overhead

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you. I have ticked the box that you suggested but unfortunately it didn't seem to make any difference. Is there anything else I could try?

I think most people use Internet Explorer and it really does look quite poor on that. Even the logo is poor quality. I don't understand why that should change as it is just an image.

from Fiona

Comment

It does not look as though you have uploaded since ticking the box. When I view source online, I still see the full uncompacted html code.

I do not see the additional purple stripe, but I do see the spacing between Menu images in IE, which may be sorted by Jont's suggestion, or may need you to delete a <br> tag - we cannot tell till you upload the compacted files.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
        X