Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding photograph choices for cutomers

Hi
    We specialize in personalized t-shirts and other products. No problem in offering customers the choice of adding text to their purchase but would like to be able to give a choice to add an image to their orders. At present customers are having to e-mail us separately any pics/graphics and we take a telephone order. Would really like to be able to add this as a choice thro' catalog - so it makes it simpler (and more likely to lead to a sale!!!)

Appreciate any ideas.

Stewart
    http://www.zikzak.co.uk

I use a simple PHP upload script against each product - a link opens a small window with the PHP page that allows the user to browse and upload an image to the website - I ask them against each product the uploaded file name so I can then tie the image to the order. The image is recovered from the site using FTP.

Check out www.hotscripts.com as a starting place for free PHP scripts

If you go down this route check the security of the script to prevent the upload of .exe, .bat files and any other non image files that can be executed on the server to ill effect

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

PHP Script

thanks for info - new to community so didn't realise I'd posted it twice!!
      Not all that familair with PHP scripting- any chance you could post your url so I could see your method in action -

cheers

Stwart

Comment

If you go to the hotscripts site and do a search on file upload under the PHP section you will find a whole host of freebies - all come with comments and instructions on what to modify for your own site (usually your email address, site URL etc)

Bikster

Comment

Sorry to be late replying to this. I'd forgotten that I'd written a general purpose image upload add-on for Actinic and only found it today when tidying up a flash drive.

It adds an additional image to the product which the customer can then overlay with an uploaded image of their own. Thus you could show a t-shirt and define an area where the image would be placed, then let the customer see the customised result.

The combined image is then passed through to the Cart, Checkout where it remains visible. The downloaded order contains the image name so that you can collect it from a holding directory on the server.

Contact me by email if this sounds of use to you.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've posted a demo on http://www.drillpine.biz/v7imageuplo..._Products.html

Comment

Image upload

Hi Norman
              Sorry for not getting back to forum earlier (been away) Looks just what I've been looking for!
              many thanks

Comment

Norman,

Thanks for posting that demo - now I know where to get my new ID card at a cheaper price than the government's ones will be!!

LOL

Duncan

Comment

I get all my ID's from the back of VIZ magazine... it says they are all official and are a fraction of the price. Bargain. North Korea here I come......

Bikster

Comment

Mine are *ONLY* £200 + VAT - surely much cheaper than the real ones will be.

Comment

Working...
                    X