Quickbook Assemblies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quickbook Assemblies

The 2005 version of Quickbooks supports assemblies, which is fairly helpful to me. But it looks like Actinic does not recognize these. Will Actinic handle this soon?
    -------

Pat

Pat,

Can you give us a bit more detail here, so that I can then check with our development team and get back to you.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

When you create an assembly, the type of item that is set up in QB is called an inventory assembly. It looks to me like the only item type that actinic transfers to and from quickbooks is an "inventory part" item. Other inventory types, "other", "inventory assembly", etc. are not transferred to and from Actinic.

I created some assemblies in QB, and they did not get transferred to Actinic. So I manually added the items to Actinic. Then when I got an order against these items, Actinic tried to transfer them to QB, giving me an error that the name was already in use.

I hope this makes sense!
      -------

Pat

Comment

Did you create individual products in Actinic? If so this needs some looking into as it quite possibly may be a bug somewhere. Have passed this to development and will update you as soon as I hear from them.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Here is the what I've done. I have wooden alphabet letters that I purchase individually from the manufacturer. Let's say I purchased a J, O, and Y. These are inventoriable parts PC-J, PC-O, and PC-Y. However, I don't sell them as individual letters. So I then created an Inventory Assembly called PC-JOY, and built the assembly (which you do within quickbooks), using 6 J's, 6 O's, and 6 Y's. That gives me a quantity of 6 for the part I sell called PC-JOY, and reduced the qty's available on the J, O, and Y to zero.

Then I transferred new products to Actinic. The PC-J, PC-O, and PC-Y were transferred (and they now have a qty of 0 available because QB used them in the PC-JOY product). I moved these three products to a hidden section since I don't sell the letters individually.

Next, I looked for PC-JOY. I did not transfer, I guess because it is an assembly part. So I created it manually in Actinic.

Then I got an order for PC-Joy. When I transferred orders to QB, the Quicklink of course tried to create the new part PC-Joy, but got an error because the name was already in use. Actinic was trying to add an inventoriable item, and an inventory assembly with the same name already existed.

Hope this helps.

Pat
          -------

Pat

Comment

Pat,

Development have tested out your scenario and confirm that this is a problem/issue in QuickBooks US Link. Currently there is no support for using assemblies in Inuit QuickBooks.

More exactly if an order is transferred from Actinic which contains product with ref prodref1, and there is an assembly item in QuickBooks which has 'Name' prodref1, then the on hand quantity of the assembly item is not decreased and the user messageyou saw is displayed.

I think that a possible workaround for now would be to use groups in QuickBooks.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X