Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

organising the Site1 folder

Hello All,

This is my first post here. I have recenently purchased the business version of the software and am now getting my hands dirty with it

A significant reason for purchasing the software was also the availability of this user forum which I believe will be a big help - and I look forward to contributing more once I get more familiar with the software.

I am also using Dreamweaver to customise the templates as I go along. Now to my question.

When customising the templates in Dreamweaver, when I insert background images they will only show if they are placed directly in the Site1 folder. If I put the images in a sub folder of Site1 the backaground image doesn't show. Is there a way around this - as I am thinking that the Site1 folder can get somewhat large and unorganised?

Remmo

Hi Remmo,

welcome to the forum. Actinic likes all its template files in the root of the site1 folder - if they are placed outside this it can throw a wobbly when trying to compile the pages and reports an error. You can always put them into sub-folders and ignore the errors and also add the files into the Additional Files section under actinic so it uploads what it thinks as external images.

**added** you can also place a copy of the image in the PreviewHTML folder so Actinic can preview the page if you place the original in a subfolder - but this is again adding to the folder bloat ****

Product images can be stored in subfolders but on the webserver they are all lumped into the acatalog directory.

You are really best keeping template images in the site1 root folder as it saves heartache with Actinic down the line
    Last edited by jont; 09-Nov-2005, 09:08 PM. Reason: extra info about preview

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I also keep everything in site1 as I feel it saves heartache further down the line, especially considering everything gets lumped together on the remote server.

There is one advantage of havng everythng unceremoniously dumped in acatalog folder, despite how many subfolders your products are kept in thehtml pages are always at the 2nd level for SEO

Comment

Thanks for the info. Makes a bit more sense to me now... at least there is a method to the madness!

Comment

Working...
        X