Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed exporting custom template

Hi

I have just bought Actinic catalog for a customer's website and like a twit, I have created the page template before using this software. How can I import my template for use on the product/shopping pages? Please advise.

Also I use <div> tags as the page layout on most of the site. I know that Actinic uses <tables> (I wouldn't expect it to use solely divs). Is this going to be a problem?

One more thing (Yes there is light at the end of the tunnel) We are using emAlbum (script based navigation) than runs on the server so customers can find the image they want and then buy it. Is this going to be a problem also?

Sorry about the amount of questions, but to this, I am a newbie Any help will be gratefully received

Many thanks and best regards

Debbie

The best way is to apply a clean CSS theme to the site and then edit the generated ACT templates. (these are in the root of the site1 folder NOT in the PreviewHTML folder) The main templates are going to be Act_Primary, Act_PrimaryCheckout and Act_ProductLine to start with and possibly the Brochure template if you are using the brochure pages. Keep in all the Actinic codes in the <head> and the NETQUOTEVARS and simply lay your new design "over the top"

Actinic is very table heavy at the moment - you can strip some out and use <div> tags but it can get quite complicated as some tables are generated from weird and wonderful places. Should be OK using <div> on the Act_Primary

Not sure about the navigation but you can integrate scripts into the <head> of Act_Primary

HTH

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Sorry to sound plebesque, but do you mean keep every NETQUOTEVARS in the body section also.

What I mean is just leave NETQUOTEVARS where they are? Even if I don't need them (eg Company Logo etc).

Also the script is online already and the home page set up as a template. emAlbum basically lays out the navigation like an online Photo Album with folders and sub-folders and you add edit and delete folders/images as you go along. I am hoping (more than you know) that the two can integrate.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanking you in advance,

Debbie

Comment

You are best just commenting out the NQV's that you don't need as deleting some of them can cause Actinic to throw a wobble.

Integrating your own navigation should be OK... a lot of users remove the Actinic navigation in favour of their own. If you don't already have a copy download the Advanced Users Guide from the main Actinic website as it details the use of NAV commands to get access to the cart etc without using Actinic's inbuilt navigation bar - this will allow you much more flexibility

Bikster

Comment

If its the one from this page http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm It doesn't work.

I keep getting alert message 'This Document contains no data'. (Mozilla FireFox browser)

BTW Love your Gary Larson 'Kid' avator

Comment

I will try and email a copy over (I was getting the same error message)

The avatar was indeed on the back of a birthday card ... my 4 year old saw it and proclaimed "Its Jonty" ... .... it does look more like me than I do

Bikster

Comment

Its OK it works now.

I might try the navigation in Actinic as that is breadcrumb as well (Sorry about that - for the record emAlbum doesn't work with Actinic).

However, I cannot get my beloved templates to work. They are still the blue circles template (Think thats the name but, the standard template where its sea blue banner).

Also my home page on the Actinic has been deleted (for whatever reason - my fault) and no amount of manipulation is helping. I originally didn't think I would need shopping cart on home page, but in hindsight this was a dumb way of thinking. As a result I am now struggling to get a half-decent home page and my template don't work.

Please help

Comment

To create a new home page right click on the Online catalog and select New Brochure page, Name this home and select the box that says 'Use as website home page', may need to create a fragment within it to get the Home page layout displaying right.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks bruce and jonty. I have finally cottoned on to how to edit the templates in Actinic.

Gotta go as I feel like a bit of a muppet now.

Comment

Working...
                  X