Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro symbol displaying as ?

Hi All,

I have had a customer, on a mac, using Internet Explorer 5.2 saying that on the store the Euro symbol is displaying as a ? instead of a €

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Andy

Upgrade Explorer to 6.0?
    What is your url?
    Jeffrey Michael
    Choice Vacuum
    Bellevue, WA, USA
    www.mysweeper.com

Comment

Url

Hi,

The URL is www.reekus.com/shop.html

Would anyone in Actinic know if there is an issue with euro symbols displaying in this version of IE on a mac? Would be nice to know.

Andy

Comment

Hi Andy,

There is something on the Kowledge base with regards to this issue.. http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...re.html#aKB402

But his one is to deal with the server on which the site is hosted, if you can see the site fine from other sources ( as I can) and it is only the mac that is facing the issue, I would suggest you ask the user to check his "Regional and Language Options", this must be set to United Kingdom or Europe, this most probably is set to "United States".

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Yes it is only the mac this is happening with. The setting were actually set to Ireland & UK so thats not the issue. Is there any way this is an Internet Explorer Version 5 Issue, i know there were a lot of problems with version 5 for mac.

Would be handy to know exactly why this is happening. Particularily as my client is Using IE5 on mac.

Andy

Comment

It is quite possible that the font on his MAC which contains the Euro symbol is not one of those you have named. Ask him what font name he uses to get the Euro symbol on his PC and add it to your font-family in actinic.css

This may not solve it if one of the fonts you name earlier is on his machine, but does not have a Euro symbol.
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

When Safari is used instead of IE5 there's no problem with the euro on Mac.
              You can suggest your clients to use Safari (I'm a Mac user myself and like it better than IE).

Comment

Working...
              X