Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order error

Hi there,

just tried to download any orders from the site as normal but this error came up ' error decrypting order'. Any ideas on what this means and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Lisa

This error happens when the encryption key in 'Housekeeping | Security' is different on the site then it is on the PC that is downloading the orders.

This can happen if you have just moved your Actinic application to a new PC but have not taken the security settings to the new PC.

It can also happen when you are uploading from one PC and downloading onto another and he keys are different on the two machines.

If it is the first scenario then do a 'Web | Refresh Website'. You will lose the credit card numbers for some orders, but you will hae the rest of the details in order to contact the customers. The problem will not be there on new orders.

If it is the second scenario then manually copy the details from Housekeeping | Security from the upload PC to the download PC.

Comment

I have tried refreshing the site but i am still getting the same error. The second scenario does not apply as i upload and download from the same pc. Any ideas?

Thanks

Lisa

Comment

The error will have afftected any orders placed before the refresh, and you will just have to click 'Ignore' to download those without the Credit Card details - and contact the customers.

New orders since the refresh should be placed and downloaded correctly.

Comment

Hi again,

i have been sitting pressing the ignore button for ages but it still keeps popping up. Have no idea what to do next. Any ideas?

Thanks

Lisa

Comment

No. I'm totally stumped I'm afraid.

I think you are going to have to raise an email support request here and have someone take a look at your database.

Comment

Ok thanks for your help anyway. Its very odd as it was working perfectly up until about 2 weeks ago.

Lisa

Comment

Working...
              X