Digital Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Downloads

Items from our store are usually bought on invoice with order basis as the product is often supplied to schools and government organisations who need an order number, etc. However we are now adding some items which can be downloaded direct from the site. This is OK for the customers above but we might be abused by other people downloading and not providing correct information for invoicing purposes. We would like to limit the digital downloads to credit card customers only but I don't think this is possible. Can anyone think of a way round it?

Hi Dawn,

This is not a great solution, but it's the only thing which we could think of. We created a password protected winzip extract & email the password separately. This solution will only work if you don't have a lot of downloads. I would like to see something built into Actinic.

Comment

Thank you.

That sounds like a reasonable first step to see how the downloads go.

Comment

This can only be done by editing the scripts. Just open ActinicOrder.pm in a plain text editor and locate the function GenerateValidPayments

There is a line
        Code:
        foreach $nMethodID (@arrFullList)
        Add the following lines above this.
        Code:
        my $bOnlyCC = $::FALSE;
        my @Response = $::Session->GetCartObject();
        if ($Response[0] == $::SUCCESS)	
        	{
        	my $pCartObject = $Response[2];
        	my $pCartList = $pCartObject->GetCartList();

@Response = ACTINIC::GetDigitalContent($pCartList);
        	$bOnlyCC = ((scalar (keys %{$Response[2]}) > 0)) ? $::TRUE : $::FALSE;
                }
        Now below that line, just above the line
        Code:
        if ($$::g_pPaymentList{$nMethodID}{ENABLED})
        add the following
        Code:
        if ($bOnlyCC && 
           ($nMethodID == 10005))
           {
           next;
           }
        This is supposed to restrict payment to the inbuilt Actinic CC. If you are using any other payment method for CC then use the ID of that instead of 10005 in the condition above (you can check this ID in the DB, it is in PaymentMethods table).

Please note that this solution is not tested at all (I have typed directly to the forum), and the usual disclaimer applies (Actinic doesn't support this). And of course do not forget to back up your files before applying any changes.

I hope this helps on some way.

Regards,
        Zoltan
        Actinic Software
        www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Thanks, I'll try doing that.

Comment

Change to coding

I've changed the coding as requested then updated the website but clicking on the Update icon but it appears to have made no difference. Maybe I should ftp the file or completely Refresh the website?

Comment

Digital Downloads

Sorry - I've updated the site again and this time it is working!! Sorry maybe I was a bit impatient.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Glad hearing that it is ok.
                Zoltan
                Actinic Software
                www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Is the above still the recommended method for V7? I run Actinic Business V7.03. We are starting a few digital downloads but cannot change our existing payment options (which includes Gift Voucher, Send Credit Card Details Separately, Payment by Cheque), this presents the problem of the consumer receiving the link without possibly paying. We need a check for digital download payments, such as:

if (digital download)
                  then (credit card only)
                  else
                  all payment options

I note that the above solution had not been tested and is unsupported, we are a very busy site and I don't want to include coding that might cause problems. Is there an updated method, or has anybody else used this piece of code and not incurred problems?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards
                  Karen
                  Kind Regards
                  Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen,

I've responded to your other post too but in case anyone else finds this, for it to work with v7 you need to amend the above code slightly with:

Change...

@Response = ACTINIC::GetDigitalContent($pCartList);

to...

@Response = ACTINIC::GetDigitalContent($pCartList, $::TRUE);

Change...

($nMethodID == 10005))

to...

($nMethodID != 10005))
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                    X