Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to Actinic v6

If you are thinking about upgrading your copy of Actinic, but don't
    have any information about what new features you can access, there's now some help online.

Actinic have put together a guide to upgrading, which quickly shows you the specific benefits and features you would gain by upgrading from any particular older version to any of the latest versions.

Simply visit the upgrade guide at http://www.actinic.co.uk/v6/acatalog/ and follow the instructions
    from there.

newbie question re. upgrading to v6

sorry if this is a really silly post but I'm a newbie re. Actinic:

We currently use Catalog v5.1.4, bought from an official supplier who later said they would do the upgrade, apparently Actinic have change the way they upgrade: we need to send s/w and receipt etc/ back to Actinic to obtain the upgrade s/w. Fair enough, I was just about to do this but was able to download Catalog v6.1.3.

Before I run the setup(s) within the download I want to check I'm going down the correct route.

I notice that v5 has an 'upgrade' option within the menu system but requires a serial key which I obviously haven't got yet.

Help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comment

Hi Melanie

The upgrade option is for upgrading to one of the other Actinic editions, e.g. from Catalog to Business. You can upgrade from v5 to v6 either by selecting to upgrade during the installation of v6, or by installing a clean v6 and importing the v5 snapshot.

Without the licence key you will have 30 days trial period.

Ben
      Ben Popplestone
      Ecommerce website software

Comment

Thanks Ben for replying.

Does it seem correct to you that I send my original cd, book, receipt back to Actinic in order to obtain the license key for v6?

We were promised this upgrade by our official Actinic supplier but they have suggested we do the above now and as far as I'm concerned we shouldn't have to pay for this.

Many thanks

Comment

if you are entitled to a free upgrade from 5 to 6, then it should only be necessary to send your receipt to Actinic (I have done this in the past)

If you have to pay fro the upgrade then any actinic reseller can do that for you, all you have to do is tell the reseller your V5 key.

Just phone sales at actinic for the story from the horses mouth

Comment

many thanks......I'll give them a ring

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X