Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Access Database Question!

Hi all,

I need to do a mass update of our site database (version 4.1 upgraded from v3) to thought I'd do it through Access.

When I open it in MS Access 2000 it says "This database was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Access - you can not make changes to the database object"

I have a couple of questions:

1) can I assume this earlier version is Access 97?
    2) if I convert the database to the current version and make my changes, will Actinic throw a wobbly because the version has changed?

Alternatively:
    3) if I convert the database to the current version, make my changes and then convert back to the prior access database version, will Actinic throw a wobbly??!

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this at minimal risk??!!

I'm aware I could test it, but typically in the past errors do not always appear in Actinic immediately, so I'd prefer to have some idea of the best way forward.

Many thanks in anticipation
    Mox

http://www.dirtbikestore.com

It is quite safe to convert it to Access 2000 and make your changes., Actinic works perfectly well with this version. However if you only want to change data then you can do this - the error message you got refers to changing table structures or adding queries and forms.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actinic Access Database Question!

Fantastic! Thanks Jan.

We are going to add a query, so I will need to convert it.

Many thanks
      Mox

http://www.dirtbikestore.com

Comment

Even though converting the database will not cause any problems you still don't have to do that. Just create an Access 2000 database and link the tables from actinic.mdb. This has the advantage of being a bit safer as you cannot then accidentally delete the tables in actinic.mdb
        You can also link tables from shipping.mdb.

Comment

Working...
        X