Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent help needed - bounce straight to cart

Hi Guys,

I need some help to bounce customers straight to the checkout page after they have selected a particular product on our site.

We have set up a product in the root store in order to help people create accounts (as per advanced ug pg 64) This works OK but people are not reading the text & clicking checkout then moaning that its not working(!)

I need to bounce them straight to the checkout once they have clicked the 'register now' button for that product. I've tried following the AUG article on pg 46 but it's not working!

Being a product in the root of the bookstore (i.e not in a section) I'm not sure how I change the shopping mode to 'Qty on Product Page' or 'single add to cart button on page'. The product uses a custom layout view.

I'm sure this is something really smple that I've missed so any help would be REALLY appreciated!!!!!!

Thanks as always

Ruthie
    ps. url direct to product is http://www.fastfacts.com/acatalog/shop.html#a23

Hi,

To get the very first shop page to use a single add to cart button you would have to set the shopping mode as the default of the site (Design | Options | Shop Defaults) and then set the other section shopping modes at each section level. You would also have to put the custom property into 'Design | Options | Site Defaults | Properties'.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Tracey,

I will try this shortly!

Ruth

Comment

Working...
      X