Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W3c

Hi
    Has anyone heard of W3C Validation, as my website www.mistmakers.co.uk has a very bad home page rating in it. It is coming up as 'This page is not Valid HTML 4.0 Transitional!' and shows 68 errors. This is through the Actinic homepage creation.

The homepage I had before gave good rankings

http://validator.w3.org

Does anyone have any comments please.

W3C or the World Wide Web Consortium are one of the main groups creating standards across the internet. Validating an Actinic site to W3C or others is a nightmare - do a quick search on this forum on validating and you will see the issues raised.

Myles has a long thread about trying to reduce the number of errors which may be worth checking out.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Actinic.co.uk and Actinic.com

Well I have checked www.Actinic.co.uk and it has an incredible 86 errors BUT www.Actinic.com is fully HTML 4.01 Transitional!.

It looks like www.Actinic.co.uk has problems and not just me.

Any comments from Actinic Techinal support please.

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

If you check those homepages both are not Actinic generated and both are by different design companies - not Actinic themselves (Sure Solutions and Northstar)

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Excuse my ignorance, but why is it so important to be 'fully HTML 4.01 Transitional'?
          I test my site in IE, FF, NN & Opera and try to ensure it works fine in all of them.
          Is this purely about future browser capabilities/support or what?

Duncan

Comment

Working...
          X