Contact me page not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact me page not working?

I'm having trouble with my contact page, I think!
    I've tried it msyelf and it doesn't seem to actually do anything when I've clicked "send" which explains why I've had a customer complain they couldn't contact me.
    Could somebody test it for me please..
    www.budget-bumps.co.uk
    I'm not sure why it'd pack in working like that... it's very weird.. any ideas?
    (7.0.5 btw.. could explain it all.LOL)
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

ok..on further investigation, the contact messages are being sent but it doesn't seem that way from the customers POV! It hangs for ages and then just bounces to a "cannot find server" page.
    Is it doing this for everyone? Or just me? (not unheard of!)
    Cheers
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

Tracey,

As you say, I eventually timed out and came to a page with "Connection Closed by Remote Server" You tried to access the address http://budget-bumps.co.uk/cgi-bin/mf000005.pl, which is currently unavailable.

I see your message about the theft is inside the form tags - wonder if that may have an effect? I would try moving the Message to before the opening <form> tag just to see.

Only other things I can think of, is to copy over the Contact_Us template from the Formats/Themes folder and/or reupload the mf000005.pl script by ftp.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Bill,
        thanks for testing. My theft text is actually in the header in Design>Options>Shop Defaults so is that not where it should be? I always have text there of some descriptions (am about to change it back to a marketing message this weekend actually)
        Might do that with the Contact_Us template.. is that what it's called? Contact_US.html? Will add it to my todo list (near the top so it has a hope of actually getting done!!)

Thanks again
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

Tracey,

It is of course, Act_ContactUs.html

Just checked my own online form, and the marketing message does not show on that page v7.0.5, but still, that text might have no bearing at all.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
          X