Chasing lost sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chasing lost sales

I get a fair few orders that arrive as 'payment pending'. I know that some of these are where the customer has abandoned the basket, while others are where they have problems with the payment system (eg. time-outs, psp server is down etc).

When this happens no order confirmation e-mails are sent, but I do get a 'catalog order has been placed' e-mail and they are downloaded into actinic as psp-pending.

My question is - is there any way of automatically sending an e-mail to those customers that get this far - but don't complete their order?

I can do this manually by checking these every so often and e-mail a standard note asking if they need help, but by then they're usually long gone - it would be really useful if they could be e-mailed imediately...
    John

I try and contact each one by phone and say "I noticed you tried to purchase from my site but the payment did not appear to go through can i assist"

We normally get well over 50% purchase over the phone, so well worth the effort and the customer thinks you care for them
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
    X