Add products direct to DB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add products direct to DB?

Can you add products directly to the Import or Snapshot database?
    I have a database of products all in the right format to be compatible with the Imported database but Actinic only seems to load up a few out of 1000 products. There's nothing special or different about those few either.

Are you using Hierarchical of Flat FIle Importing? What error message are you getting?

Actinic has good error reporting for imports (you can save them to a file).

I import my entire site (3,000+ products) on a daily basis and have had no problems over 3 years.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I'm using heirarchical import (the one that uses a delimited text db) - and I'm not getting any errors at all.
      It's recognizing the products are there when it reads the database: i.e. it does the importing record number # of 762.
      If I, say, delete one of the columns, e.g. tax, then it gives me 700 odd error messages, so it must be reading them... it's just not writing them to whatever database its using.

Comment

Things to look for:-

Perhaps you made a mistake in your section structure that would lead to all the products being put in a different place on the site than where you expect.

If you've Access 2000 onwards you can look in ActinicCatalog.mdb (in Site1) table Products and see if they're there.

If that doesn't help why not prune out some records to make a small import file containg both valid and invalid items, zip it up and attach it for us to test.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I've had a look in the products table and there's still just the few products there.
          I've even tried adding a couple of products to that table but even that didn't work (not that I'm suggesting that that's the way it should be done.. a sheer desperation move!).

I'm in the middle of just taking out all of the bits which aren't either Product or Header rows, as it suggests in the knowledgebase, just to see if that works. If not, who would I send the zip file to?

Brainfizz

Comment

Well... still stumped. Think I've tried pretty much everything now!

Comment

Put your import file into a zip file and attach it to a message on this forum.

Comment

Ok, I've attached a zip file containing the tab delimited db I'm using. I'd appreciate it if you could have a look and see if it works your end.

Cheers,

Brainfizz
                Attached Files

Comment

Did you have any luck?

Comment

I'm running a course today so am unable to look at it at the moment.

I will look at it tomorrow if that's OK.

Comment

Ok, that'd be great, thanks.

Comment

All the products that don't import have very high values for Extended Info Width (the width of the pop-up windows). Example values are : 390000, 270000 and 200000.

To import all your items successfully, simply unmap this field in the Import Wizard.

I'm not sure why no errors were reported. I'll raise a bug to point this out.

Comment

Thanks! That's done it... don't know how I missed that - had put the prices in that column for some reason known only to the hamsters that live inside this machine. Hmm..

Cheers, I'll be able to get this rolled out on time now.]

Brainfizz.

Comment

Working...
                          X