Layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Layouts

Hi. What I need to do is: www.graphicana.com/acatalog to continue using the layout that is currently using, but http://www.graphicana.com/acatalog/art-prints.html to have a different layout. I modified the layout for the second page in Act_SectionLine.html but it also modifies the layout for the first one. Basically I want to have the text on top of the pictures in second one but at the right of the picture in first one. It seems to me that the two pages are sharing the same template. Is it true? If so, can I change that? Thanks.

If you don't understeand me please tell me so. I can try to explain in a different way.Thanks.

Comment

When you make your changes to the Act_SectionLine.html, save it as Act_MySectionLine2.html, then on the art-prints Actinic page, on the layout tab, choose Act_MySectionLine2.html as the section layout template. That should do what you want.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

That is exactly what I've done. But the unexpected happened: on the acatalog/index.html (one level up) the image and the text referring to the art prints folowed the modified layout. That I don't understeand why. Until now I thought that in Actinic you can choose another layout for each page. Am I doing something wrong? I can't understeand this phenomenon. Thanks again for the post, Bill. I just hope we can solve this problem.Cheers.

Comment

Sorry, yes - of course - the sections that show on each page are the ones at the next level down, so what we need here is to assign Act_MySectionLine2.html as the layout for the pages which art-prints leads to. act-prints itself will have the standard Act_sectionLine.html, so that it's link appears in the standard format on the page before.
          Bill
          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

That was it!!! Thanks again, Bill. You're the greatest.

Comment

Working...
            X