Creating a Sale section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Sale section

I am trying to create a sale section that has products from a number of sub-sections. What I would like to do is to have a 'SALE' banner on the catalog front page that will take customers to a SALE section where all products have a discount applied.

I know that could create a new sub-section with all the sale items but I am trying to avoid having any duplicates on the site.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can create a product group that I can link to from my front page banner?

one way that you could do this is by

advanced -> custom properties

create a new property called "sale"

next

for the products that you want to place on sale

click on the properties tab and add a new propery called "sale" and value "yes"

make sure that you check searchable

then upload the site

on the website goto advanced search and select sale -> yes

this should display all the prducts that are on sale

you can then copy the link in the title bar and use the as the destination page for the link on your home page for sale items

regards

david
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

If you really don't want to have duplicates on the site you could also create a new section for the sale items and using fragments enter the text and links through to the actual products proper - that way would use static links and not through the cgi-bin to help with search engine spidering

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
      X