How long are orders remembered for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long are orders remembered for

If a customer starts shopping, adds things to the basket then logs off and comes back - how is their order remembered?

Not something I've been asked before and can't obviously see the answer

Thanks

Kathy
    Kathy Newman

A session ID is stored in the cookie on the customers PC and that links to the files on the server. The session time is controlled under web>configure expiry periods.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

you can also add save and load cart options (see here)

its on page 48 of the advanced user guide...
      www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

these days, I think it's more likely to be until the user flushes their cookies - at least with tech-savvy users... with "regular" users, you might reach your session expiry settings...
        Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
        Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
        NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Thanks I'll look at adding the save and retrieve basket options - meant to look at that when I did the re-design but had forgotten!

Kathy
          Kathy Newman

Comment

There is an option on the web menu called Configure Expiry Periods, you set this sort of value in there.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
            X