Showing cart content in the catalogue pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing cart content in the catalogue pages

I have tried a lot of tricks to get this to show.

Following the Actinic advanced users guide instructions, putting this code in
    <span class="actxxsmall">
    <script language="JavaScript">

if (getCartItem(3) < 1)
    {
    document.write("Your cart is empty")
    }
    else
    {
    document.write("You have ordered ")
    document.write(getCartItem(3) + " item");

if (getCartItem(3) > 1)
    {
    document.write("s");
    }

document.write("<br>at a cost of " + getCartItem(1));
    }
    </script>
    </span>

doesn't work for me as this only shows when the customer is in the checkout pages anyhow but not when they are in the catalogue. What else can I do please? It says to put that in any main page and I put it in ACtinic Primary and also tried the product pages for that, without any success. Please help me with this.
    Whizz Shop
    http://www.whizz.uk.com

For the Act_primary you need to use NQVs CARTCOOKIEITEMS and VARTCOOKIEVALUE - something like this:
    Code:
    script language="JavaScript">
    document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:CARTCOOKIEITEMS&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");
    document.write("NETQUOTEVAR:ARTCOOKIEVALUE&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1))	</script>
    Last edited by wjcampbe; 14-Nov-2005, 07:21 PM. Reason: spacing again
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Show cart content in site

Thank you I have tried your suggestions and nothing shows at all, could you give some more specific instructions? I have put this in as written.
      Whizz Shop

Comment

Just replace everything between the <span class="actxxsmall"> and the </span> with the code I gave you and ensure you have both actiniccore.js and actinicextras.js referenced in the head of your template.

Nip along to my site and view | source in your browser to see it it operation.
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          Just replace everything between the <span class="actxxsmall"> and the </span> with the code I gave you and ensure you have both actiniccore.js and actinicextras.js referenced in the head of your template.

Nip along to my site and view | source in your browser to see it it operation.
          I am getting some result in the browser, I lost the actinic extras JS and you forgot a C in your code, which I inserted. I let you know how it goes once I uploaded it. Thanks it looks hopeful
          Whizz Shop

Comment

Cart content in the store

Hi I went to your site and I must say it is a very, very nice site, very composed and it radiates peace and harmony.
            I have tried out your shopping and I can see how the cart value remains in the box when one continues shopping.

I have tried to instal this on my site, I even copied the whole box from your site and some code from the header with no result at all.

As soon as I leave the cart, the values disappear from the box. Please go to my site and see for yourself, i've left it there for you to witness with your own eyes.

Look at the source code of my page and if you can find the reason of the problem, I would be eternally grateful.

I simply cannot find the grounds for this problem, it constantly nags me that I cannot solve this and makes me kind of unhappy. I have visited many sites and looked at their source codes and tried to solve it but it just doesn't work for me.

It's now gone half past midnight and I tried on this all evening.

Maybe it has something to do with pages settings but I could not possibly imagine what the reason could be.

All the other script ideas I took from the Actinic advanced guide work except for this one. It make me very sad.

I do like your picture, how can I put my picture instead of the smilie?
            Whizz Shop

Comment

you need to change this code in Act_Primary.html
              Code:
              document.write("Items&#58;&nbsp;" + getCartItem(3)+"&nbsp;<BR>");
              document.write("Value&#58;&nbsp;" + getCartItem(1));
              </script
              Replace it with the code from post #2 and re-upload.

BTW - I get this javascript error when I opened your shop page
              Whizz Business Solutions Ltd: whizz.uk.com/business/index.html
              http://www.whizz.uk.com/
              Inline script thread
              Error:
              name: TypeError
              message: Statement on line 6: Could not convert undefined or null to object
              Backtrace:
              Line 6 of inline#3 script in http://www.whizz.uk.com/
              var blenddelay = ie ? document.images.slide.filters[0].duration * 1000 : 0;
              For the picture - go to your profile (click on your name to the left of your posts) and there is an option there to upload yours.
              Bill

Comment

you need to change this code in Act_Primary.html
                Code:
                </script
                Replace it with the code from post #2 and re-upload.

BTW - I get this javascript error when I opened your shop page

For the picture - go to your profile (click on your name to the left of your posts) and there is an option there to upload yours.
                Dear William
                First thing this morning, I have tried this replaced the code as advised and the result is, still it doesn't work. That's what I mean, it's frustrating. But thanks I got the picture to work.
                I am not sure what this blenddelay relates to, it's probably to do with the moving picture on my front page and that can take some time to load if you are not on Broadband.
                Whizz Shop

Comment

You need to upload the changes to your site - I am still seeing the old code up there.

I have 1024/512 broadband and I get the error immediately on opening the page .
                  Bill

Comment

Dear William
                    I did upload it and maybe it could be that you have the old page in memory and if you clean your cache or delete old off-line content you will see the new code.
                    Otherwise if not, please tell me exactly, which bit you mean but I changed the code in answer 8 with the code in answer 2 on Actinic Primary. I have uploaded the shop several times this morning.
                    Whizz Shop

Comment

No, sorry, but if you go to your shop and click view | source while on the whizz-shop.html page OR the bracelet.html page you will see you still have the "Items&#58;&nbsp;" code.

Is it possible that you edited with Notepad and forgot to select type "All Files" before saving?
                      Bill

Comment

No, sorry, but if you go to your shop and click view | source while on the whizz-shop.html page OR the bracelet.html page you will see you still have the "Items&#58;&nbsp;" code.

Is it possible that you edited with Notepad and forgot to select type "All Files" before saving?
                        I can only imagine that the uploading of the pages doesn't go as expected. I shall back up the store, re-upload and if the problem still exists, manually delete the whizz-shop.html and upload again, to try and resolve this. Many thanks for your patience and replies, it helps a lot. I'll be back to you ASAP, thanks
                        Whizz Shop

Comment

Originally posted by whizz
                          I can only imagine that the uploading of the pages doesn't go as expected. I shall back up the store, re-upload and if the problem still exists, manually delete the whizz-shop.html and upload again, to try and resolve this. Many thanks for your patience and replies, it helps a lot. I'll be back to you ASAP, thanks
                          Hi William

I searched all script html files and found the image error, solved.
                          However with the catalogue html files it appears that I have to change them all manually, which I do not understand why they do not change automatically when I change the ActinicPrimary.
                          Whizz Shop

Comment

Dear William
                            I have looked this up on your site, it is the same on your site. If you look at the source code on your site, then the Items:&nbsp code is also there because this is being created by the cookie in the cart and reflects back to he store pages. The code on your site is
                            <span class="actxxsmall"> <script language="JavaScript">
                            </script></span>

So that is still working, yet you tell me that this is incorrect on my site? I am sorry I don't understand this. I have changed the code on ActinicPrimary to what you say in number two and the code described here is being created by the script to fall back on the individual store pages. Yet in my site the cart value still does not show
                            Whizz Shop

Comment

My flabber is gasted - so sorry....

This time I looked in depth and my attention was drawn to this code
                              Code:
                              <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
                              function StockLevels(pItem)
                              <!--
                              {
                              var strIDs = 'Stock Message: '
                              I believe the <!-- is out of place. Try
                              Code:
                              <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" TYPE="text/javascript">
                              <!--
                              function StockLevels(pItem)
                              {
                              var strIDs = 'Stock Message: '
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X