Changing SOME of the menu to Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing SOME of the menu to Text

Hi all - I am using the "best seller" template, it has the other links at the top,
    sitemap | terms | contact us
    I want to chamge them to text - BUT i dont want to change the ones on the left, i.e home, up a level, store top, view cart etc
    I looked at KB article KB125 http://knowledge.actinic.com/users/k...12.html#aKB125
    Says how to change to text, but when i do this, it changes both the top navigation and the one on the left to text. Can you help please.

Anyone know anything about this? Please help.

Comment

You will not be able to change only a few of them using this route as it changes how NETQUOTEVAR:NAVIMAGE behaves and that is for all the navigation. What you could do however is .. to use the Advanced User Guide to Insert individual Navigation Buttons...

There is a NETQUOTEVAR for each separate navigation button in the navigation bar. These can be used instead of the restrictive NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE and NETQUOTEVAR:FOOTERGUIDE and they can be used in Act_Primary, Act_BrochurePrimary, Act_Header and Act_Footer. These new placeholders use Act_NavigationItem.html as the template to place the navigation button correctly into the HTML.

To use them, simply place any of the following placeholders in the templates mentioned above.

Button Placeholder
      Search button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSEARCH
      Checkout button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCHECKOUT
      Cart button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCART
      Email button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAIL
      SiteMap button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSITEMAP
      Info button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBINFO
      Up button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBUP
      Back button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBBACK
      Catalog button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCATALOG
      Home button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBHOME
      Login Button NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBLOGIN

If you prefer, you can just use the URL of each navigation button as part of your own custom navigation control. To do this simply add the word 'LINK' onto the end of any of the above variables, and place them within an <a> tag. For instance:
      <a href="NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBCARTLINK">. . .</a>
      …will create a link to the shopping cart.

Kind regards,
      Bruce King
      SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce - I will try this.

Comment

Working...
        X