Currency + Customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency + Customers

I just wanted to find out how others find the currency issue, unless its just me. we have a lot of american customers, who ALWAYS ask if £100 is the same as $100, even though in the past we have a currency/convert button at the top of the page as well as details in the FAQ. Recently I have also used Jan's converter, but I dont know if that was too confusing for them [don't ask me why] - so I now just use the actinic option of displaying 2 currencies £ + $US.
    Even after all that, I still find people coming back and saying i thought it was $50 not £50. We do custom products, which means at times the customer has to pay a deposit while the item is being made to their specification, and i think some people really "try it on", by coming back a week / 2 later once its in production and saying -I didnt realise that it meant i'd have to pay £50 instead of $50 which is double etc..
    Any ideas, how do you guys deal with this + what do you think. Advice + ideas welcome.

Kiki,

If you ask me they are definately trying it on, the prices display is pretty clear as to what you are charging. My thoughts would be to add a bit specific to this issue in the Terms & Conditions sections and I dont know if you want to do this but perhaps increase the size of the prices display a bit !!! They then cannot be missed !!

Would other users who face similar issues please post here as you will have a better idea as to how to handle such situations.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X