No announcement yet.

Problems with vat inclusive prices!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the simplest solution to start off with will be to display both VAT Inclusive and Exclusive prices. If you take a look at this article in the Knowledge base, it will show you how to display them one below the other.

Once you have worked out the VAT exclusive prices you can make the necessary changes in Actinic and then through Design | Options | Price Display select the option you want to use to display prices. This topic has been covered over several threads on the community, maybe some of them could give you an idea as to what to do.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Can I suggest being able to enter prices to 3 decimal places within the software. This seems to work in other accounting/job costing packages that I use. You then just keep playing with the ex. vat amount until you get the right inc. vat amount that you want. Or have I missed out something fundemental?

Cheers

Richard
      http://www.smarterproducts.co.uk

Comment

The simple solution to this problem is to turn VAT off in Actinic. Then enter the VAT inclusive price for each choice. The main problem for this is that the net price will not be displayed on your web site or on order confirmations but most customer's don't need this anyway.

If you are selling abroad and want to change foreign customers VAT free prices, this solution is a problem.

Comment

vat and froogle

I cannot get froogle to accept my catalog feed because I have opted to show vat included prices on my site, www.discountbabygoods.co.uk, froogle reads the feed at the default vat exlusive price entered in the products prices field and then rejects the feed when they compare the price actually seen by the customer (after catalog has added the vat)
          I have tried showing both prices but this looks a mess as there is no space between them and it is just one line of text.
          I have also tried setting up to display prices as vat exclusive and altering the `price:` text to `price includes vat unless item is zero rated` but actinic still displays the `excluding vat at 17.5% text and I cannot see how to disable this can anyone please advise?
          by the way the method of calculating vat is take vat inclusive price say £2.49, then divide by 47 then times by 7 and you get £0.37 as the vat, then minus the £2.49 to get the vat exclusive price of £2.12 then plus 17.5% = £2.49.
          Last edited by john beale; 06-Jan-2006, 11:40 AM. Reason: missed a bit

Comment

I would suggest taking a look at this thread, http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=Froogle+Feed or search for Froogle Feed on the forum and it should bring up several threads on the subject. You will have to add the VAT onto the exclusive prices before submitting to Froogle.

To Change the Word Excluding on the '(Excluding: VAT at 17.5%)' you will have to go into Design | Text and click on 'Go To' Phase: -1 ; ID: 67, where you will see "Excluding: %s" the %s bring in the value. If yu want to completely remove this message, open Act_Productprice.html with an editor and remove this bit
            <span class="actxxsmall">NETQUOTEVAR:TAXMESSAGE</span>

Save and exit the file, preview the site to see the changes and then update.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Design Text will not show a % sign

Originally posted by Bruce
              You must set the 'Tax Treatment' in the 'Details' tab of the product to 'Custom' and then set the exact amount of tax to be added to the product in the 'Custom Tax' field. You will then have to go to Design | Text | ID 219 and change this prompt to: (Including VAT @ 17.5%)

This will solve the rounding problems.

Kind regards,

Bruce

This calculation works OK for me but when I enter (Including VAT @ 17.5%) in the Design Text the item page doesnt show the % sign. I think it treated as a variable not text.

What is the solution please?

Thanks

Comment

If you use '%%' instead of '%' you should get a single percentage symbol appearing.

Comment

VAT Rounding

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I just wanted to add a bit of a disheartened 'bump' to the faulty VAT rounding issue, which should really be fixed! Using components as well, so can't simply tweak custom tax for the 'few' that are not listed correctly.

Dont want to turn VAT off, as people do like to see it in our case..... Ahhhhhh head scratching......

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                    If you use '%%' instead of '%' you should get a single percentage symbol appearing.

Thanks for this it worked fine.

I used hierarchical importing from a spreadsheet with formulas and calculations in it to fill in all the VAT settings and amounts so I don't have to do it manually. Otherwise it would be a nightmare!

Please can Actinic fix this so you can just enter a retail price (including VAT) and Actinic works out the VAT where needed in a consistant way.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X